IGNORED

86VR Fairing Plastic

Barlow

I'm am wanting to install a CB on the 83 Venture I just bought.

I have all the parts and cables but I need the upper right side fairing piece for an 86VR where the CB and Class controllers mount. It has the hinged access for the overflow bottle.

If anyone has one available I sure would like to buy it.

You can contact me at ama-dist45@comcast.net

The other option would be to mount it in the original place for an 83 but I can't find any pictures for the location.

Happy trails,

Barlow

The MK1 CB is a controller unit similar to the tuner control module and mounts in that removable square plastic piece above the CLASS controller. The main electronics mounts in the fairing. If you have a standard just get a MK1 panel, there is currently one on Fleabay and block out the CLASS controller dection or use it as a box for stashing small things...

You can make the CB fit in the Mk1 fairing top. Marcarl and I have both done it to ours. Move the CLASS to the bottom and put the CB in the middle. The piece you remove to make the CB fit can be cut to fill the small space that is left over. I can post pics later if you wish.

Just found a MK1 panel in my parts bin. Off my 83 parts bike. Looks like it will work but not sure yet.

The CB unit I have came out of an 86VR.

Looks like I may need a couple of other parts.

Not sure yet.

Happy trails,

Barlow

Edited by Barlow
Omitted something

What I ewnded up doing was I relocated the resovior bottle as far forward on the inner fairing as possible by drilling out the rivits on the mount and drilling new holes, then I mounted the MK2 CB where the MK1 goes. I had a busted MK2 mount thanks to Mother, and cut out the bracket and morphed it onto the stock MK1 panel. It literally just fit!

Maybe I can test the MK1 setup in the very near future somehow, and if it works you are welcome to it for a VERY reasonable price...