IGNORED

Now I know why my 86 was so cheap

tufftom4

When I bought the 86 Vr the owner said the hydraulic clutch needed to be rebuilt and when I played with it that is all it seemed to be. I had spare rebuild kits for the master cylinder and slave so I went about fixing it today and low and behold someone had tried fixing the slave and ruined the housing now I need to find a slave cylinder housing.

The clutch slave is one of those items you might not want to get from Ebay.

The positioning of the slave cylinder is one of those 'out of sight, out of mind' items.

It very likely has a tendency to not be properly maintained. The collection of sediment and or water in there has caused problems in two of them I have seen.

Partshark.com has a new housing for $65. Not real cheap, but not bad if you get a pitted on of ebay and it won't hold pressure.

:mo money:

Gary

Hey Tom,

I second Gary's thoughts on rebuilding a Clutch Slave Cylinder! I don't even bother trying to rebuild them at the shop any more. Less than 50% success rate. For some reason, people think they can NOT change their clutch fluid for many years and still have a functioning clutch and clutch slave. Save yourself the torment, purchase the NEW clutch slave, and be done with it. A speedbleeder makes it all the sweeter for the clutch fluid flush. :thumbsup2:

Earl