IGNORED

Review - Tour Master Caliber Pants

juggler

I just bought and received my Tour Master Caliber Pants. My first impressions are they're great. There are several pluses here.

1. Even though I have alarge waist they had a pair that fit and had legs short enough. I bought the 42-44 waist with 33 inch inseam. This means They don't drag on the ground like other brands I tried on at that waist size.

2. They have adjustable position knee armor. I was able to adjust the knee armor up a few inches and they are now positioned perfectly on my knees. Other brands that I tried the knee armor was around my ankles.

3. The zipper in the back for attaching the pants to your jacket matches up to my Mossi jacket.

4. With the thermal liners in there is no way I will be cold.

5. They are waterproof.

I bought them from http://www.newenough.com for a steal plus free shipping!

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_caliber_pants_page.htm

I'll report back after I actually get to ride with them. Next weekend we are doing a 900 mile trip and it may get real cold. :biker:

These new riding pants are WARM. I took the thermal liner out today so I could wear them while riding. It was around 70 degrees here today. We were out late and rode home around midnight witht he temp below 50. After spending all evening outside and then riding home they were still warm enough to make me sweat. I can't imagine how warm they will be with the thermal liner.

They do restrict movment a little, but they are still comfortable enought to wear for a few hours. Once on the bike and riding they are great. THe wind and raod debris was kept off my legs and I was very warm.

• 1 month later...

I have purchased from New Enough before and have found them to be a top notch vendor. I should be receiving my next order, (two mesh jackets) this morning Customer service is outstanding and their return policy is great.

I just bought and received my Tour Master Caliber Pants. My first impressions are they're great. There are several pluses here.

1. Even though I have alarge waist they had a pair that fit and had legs short enough. I bought the 42-44 waist with 33 inch inseam. This means They don't drag on the ground like other brands I tried on at that waist size.

2. They have adjustable position knee armor. I was able to adjust the knee armor up a few inches and they are now positioned perfectly on my knees. Other brands that I tried the knee armor was around my ankles.

3. The zipper in the back for attaching the pants to your jacket matches up to my Mossi jacket.

4. With the thermal liners in there is no way I will be cold.

5. They are waterproof.

I bought them from http://www.newenough.com for a steal plus free shipping!

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master_caliber_pants_page.htm

I'll report back after I actually get to ride with them. Next weekend we are doing a 900 mile trip and it may get real cold. :biker:

• 2 months later...
These new riding pants are WARM. I took the thermal liner out today so I could wear them while riding. It was around 70 degrees here today. We were out late and rode home around midnight witht he temp below 50. After spending all evening outside and then riding home they were still warm enough to make me sweat. I can't imagine how warm they will be with the thermal liner.

They do restrict movment a little, but they are still comfortable enought to wear for a few hours. Once on the bike and riding they are great. THe wind and raod debris was kept off my legs and I was very warm.

Juggler, now that you have had time to really give these pants a good trial, give us the real low down. I want to order a pair to use in the early spring, fall and winter since I think they will be too hot for summer. What are your thoughts? :2133:

Hey Juggler,

I have looked at these pants in catalogs and like their looks. One question. Can you wear these over your regular pants or are they made to be the only pants you wear with them?

These are over-pants. And trust me if your going to stop for a while you'll strip them off. These are warm.

Juggler, now that you have had time to really give these pants a good trial, give us the real low down. I want to order a pair to use in the early spring, fall and winter since I think they will be too hot for summer. What are your thoughts? :2133:

Hmmm... I thought I had posted about riding with these on our Fall trip. The day we left and the day we returned it was freezing cold. Well in the 40's. These kept my lower half warm. I really should have had a warming jacket.

After a week of riding up and down the Mississippi river along Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota proved these to be good protective, durable and warm over pants. I rode with and without the thermal liner and both ways they are comfortable and flexible. The adjustable height knee pads means that you can adjust the knee armor to where your knees are! A great feature. The adjustable waist belt is great. Oh yeah, they will keep you dry too! For warm weather riding I am going to get a pair of mesh or light weight over pants. These are just way to warm to wear when the temps are over 70.

• 2 weeks later...
What is real diference between Caliber and Venture Pants? Did you have chance to take look on Caliber and Venture pants before ordering. Diference in price is about $40.00, and they looks same.

I agree they look the same so I ordered the Venture. I have a 38" waist with a 32" inseam so I ordered the XXL. They fit like a glove over my pants. The adjustable knee pads are perfect. I had to move them to the lowest position to make them fit over the knee when riding. I do know one thing, I do not think I will be wearing these thing in the summer. It was 28 degree the other morning when I worn them to work and I was very comfortable. They are much warmer than my lined leather pants and more comfortable also. They would be too warm in the summer IMHO. I will give them a try in the spring without the lining and just see how warm they are. I have the Tour Master jacket also and the zipper in the back that connects the pants and jacket is a good idea keeping everything in place while going down the road. I got my for $97 and freeUPS shipping.:2133:

What is real diference between Caliber and Venture Pants? Did you have chance to take look on Caliber and Venture pants before ordering. Diference in price is about $40.00, and they looks same.

I don't know the difference. I'm pretty sure New Enough wasn't selling the Venture pants when I bought mine. One major consideration was they had to fit my larger size. The Caliber's are large enough for me.