IGNORED

new gammin

hardwood

I was not sure where to post this, but I thought I should report on my new gps. I took a couple of cross country trips with my TomTom. I could barely see it, and could never hear it. It quit working last fall, so for Christmas I got myself a Garmin Nuvi 295w. Its big advantage is a head phone jack. Which allows me to run it through the stereo system. Price about $90. I also got a mini sd cart ($12) and a handle bar mount from ebay ($14) head phone adaptor ($3). I loaded about 2000 songs. I went for a test drive and it worked as expected. Set the music playing and when it comes time for a turn it cuts out the music and blares the instructions out of the speakers. (instructions louder than the music, you will hear them). It has an orientation sensor, so you can set it vert or horz. ( hope to attach pics). It was there smart phone, and still has some of the smart phone features. It has a camera, (picture of what waits anyone foolish enough to enter my yard) web browser.

after test drive:

Pros. Can hear instructions. I could see it well, it mounts on a ball and socket joint, so if the sun blocks it out, just tilt it a little bit. Winter sun is not as bright a summer sun, but I could always see it well enough.

Cons. Like any thing that does it all, it does not do anything as well. The biggest thing is, when it is playing music, it is VERY slow. Soon learned if you want to change address, first stop the music. It is not a great web interface, but I was able to check my email over the wi fy at my house. The music player is a little tough to get used to, but it did work. Several times it has locked up and I had to remove the battery to restart, since it does work I am assuming this is a software problem, hoping for an update. Camera see attached photo

For the money spent, so far I am very satisfied.

I hope this helps

George

I think this is it here.

George

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-HANDLEBAR-MOUNT-HOLDER-GARMIN-NUVI-GPS-/130479243485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e612b40dd#ht_2603wt_920]MOTORCYCLE/BIKE HANDLEBAR MOUNT HOLDER GARMIN NUVI GPS - eBay (item 130479243485 end time Feb-01-11 06:08:24 PST)[/ame]

This one looks more like the one you have on your bike if I am seeing the picture right.

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/MOTORCYCLE-BIKE-MOUNT-GARMIN-NUVI-215T-265T-285T-1490T-/120676065794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c18daa202]MOTORCYCLE/BIKE MOUNT GARMIN NUVI 215T 265T 285T 1490T - eBay (item 120676065794 end time Jan-31-11 19:50:33 PST)[/ame]