IGNORED

Quick question about a Susuki

bendtdj

Does anyone know anything about a 1987 Suzuki VS 700 Intruder? Saw one on Craig's List near here and looks like a decent deal. Photos make it look like it is in good shape. It has a corbin seat, slip on pipes and drag bars mounted. Seems that this could be a next bike for my 16 year old son. They are asking $2500, but we would offer less than that, somewhere around $1800 to $2000.

Thanks,

Dave

Too Much. I got a nice one 6 years ago for less than a grand. looked like new with a corbin seat, less than 10k miles.

Try to find a 88 or newer. The 86-87 are more specific than they look. I found out the hard way seats, luggage rack, front brakes, fork tubes (one was nicked), speedo gear (Broke at 28k miles) in front wheel, etc. are all specific to 86-87. Parts from 88 (I think) up through the current bike are pretty much interchangeable, and are cheap and easy to locate.

I don't have it anymore, but did learn to tell which was which by what side the front rotor was mounted on. But can't remember now what side the early models were on. Sorry.

They are fun machines.

Too Much. I got a nice one 6 years ago for less than a grand. looked like new with a corbin seat, less than 10k miles.

Try to find a 88 or newer. The 86-87 are more specific than they look. I found out the hard way seats, luggage rack, front brakes, fork tubes (one was nicked), speedo gear (Broke at 28k miles) in front wheel, etc. are all specific to 86-87. Parts from 88 (I think) up through the current bike are pretty much interchangeable, and are cheap and easy to locate.

I don't have it anymore, but did learn to tell which was which by what side the front rotor was mounted on. But can't remember now what side the early models were on. Sorry.

They are fun machines.

Everything he said! They were pretty much unchanged into the 90's and beyond. Few flaws get looking, the 800 are liquid cooled the 1400/1500 were oil cooled. Lots of parts available. But I agree that the 2500 price is waaaayyy too high . The bike evoled into the Boulavard c50 and is still a very popular bike just less choppereques.NYJerry's daughter bought one new two years ago loves it.