IGNORED

Cheap GPS

Condor

For a lot of folks,this would be fine as I bought a similar one from the same place. The trick is to read the reviews by Googling the name and model number. The reviews pretty much nailed it on mine. Also, some of these units are refurbished and discontinued. But overall, many are still worth the money.

RandyA

I've not yet purchased a GPS so far and so do not know much about the features or quality. Do you have any thoughs as to why it is selling so cheap?

Overstock, discontinued, refurb. Who knows?? For the price with text to voice it's a nice entry level GPS. If it croaks... toss it. If you plan on using it for a guidence system on an ICBM I'd look elsewhere..... :)

If you want one with a lot of features do a search on Ebay for the [ame=http://cgi.ebay.com/GARMIN-GPS-STREETPILOT-C550-MP3-BLUETOOTH-GPSMAP-NUVI-/330522582551?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item4cf4ae5e17]Garmin c550[/ame]. Youi can buy them used fairly reasonable. Bluetooth, MP3, GPS all rolled into one. I own two of them. Great for hands free cell phone while driving in the car. Just look for one that's still in the box, unlocked, and unregistered.

Edited by Condor

Overstock, discontinued, refurb. Who knows?? For the price with text to voice it's a nice entry level GPS. If it croaks... toss it. If you plan on using it for a guidence system on an ICBM I'd look elsewhere..... :)

If you want one with a lot of features do a search on Ebay for the Garmin c550. Youi can buy them used fairly reasonable. Bluetooth, MP3, GPS all rolled into one. I own two of them. Great for hands free cell phone while driving in the car. Just look for one that's still in the box, unlocked, and unregistered.

I've had Magellan, Tom-Tom and Garmin Nuvi, but my StreetPilot c550 is still the best GPS I've ever owned. The $99 software upgrade fee is a killer, but I only do that about every 2 years.

Looks like a dandy for 40 bucks Condor. Thanks ... mmmm wonder if it has a speaker jack to hook up my speakers on the Yammy ???? I will have to look into that. I have a Garmin 750 (Wallmart internet site $150.00). It has mp3 player and does a good job so far. I use it all the time on my bike. Even the mounting suction cup that I got with it works well on the chrome top part of speedometer. So much better than the clips and paper and written down directions. Just punch it in and go somewhere. Good directions 90% of the time.