IGNORED

Got a promotion code for HID Country?

camos

Yep, Gotta have a switch. Any second gen may cut the light off when it turns over. I put a switch on mine 4 years ago. Still using the same light. You just get into the habit after its been on for a while. I always check my reflection to be sure its lit. A couple of times I have forgotten but then I have the passing lights on all the time also. I would not go back to an Incandescent if you paid me. Worth every bit of what ever it took to install it when it lights up the eyes of a deer way off the road. For some reason it seems the HID's really reflect a lot more off anything that reflects light including eyes.

I know that they have a bunch of sales and clearance stuff right now.

Yes but unfortunately, nothing on sale that I am interested in. Oh well my request for a promotion code was a long shot.

Putting in a switch isn't such a big deal other than that, I sure hope they work out since it seems like a lot of $$ just to see where I'm going.

Is this the kit you have, with the bi-xenon bulb? The one I bought uses a motor to change the bulb for high-beam. How does this one work?

And why must these kits always have the infernal glaring red wire? It sticks out like a sore thumb on my midnight RSTD.

Dave

But isn't seeing where you are going on a dark winding deserted road.....priceless? :stickpoke:
No doubt that it is but a headlight kit and one for two driving lights plus a spare bulb for each is mucho dinero...close to 300 Canuck Bucks which makes me itch.

Is this the kit you have, with the bi-xenon bulb? The one I bought uses a motor to change the bulb for high-beam. How does this one work?

And why must these kits always have the infernal glaring red wire? It sticks out like a sore thumb on my midnight RSTD.

Dave

HI VOLTAGE....

Not the same kit but mine uses a motor also to move the bulb up/down/in/out

How and where did you install the switch? I have a HID in my RSV that I got from Canada and sometimes it lights and sometimes it doesn't. I just have to keep turning the switch on and off til it lights. I read somewhere about using time delay relay so that it doesn't come on until the engine is up and running. I may look into the TDR. I love the light even with the hassle and will not be going back to regular bulb.

You can put it just about anywhere but what I did was to drill a hole next to the cig lighter on the inner fairing and wired the hot to it. I flip it off during start and then after it starts flip it on. There's enough room on that side and since its the left side you can use your clutch hand to flip it off/on while moving

99.9% of the time it does. I have had it not light once or twice after putting the switch in but I may have turned it on too quickly after it started at those time also. Kinda of like when you get in your car and start it/drop it in drive and start moving in just a couple seconds cause you do it so many times.