IGNORED

Trailer ?

Reed

Has any one pulled a Aluma, Nomad, or dart trailer? how well do they pull, & any problums with them. Just looking. If I could find a used one some where with in 500 miles of N.D. priced right I might need one. Would be nice. I know there are better ones out there but not spending that on a trailer. Thanks for your reply!:scratchchin:

I pull a rolla home camper and have pulled a piggy backer. Marilyn pulls the piggy backer with her 1100 vstar...no issues whats so ever.

Rocket just got himself a aluma and reported to me that it is great.

I would think that all the trailers made for bikes are ok. It comes to pocket book and what you like.

I don't know why they haven't replied, maybe they haven't seen the thread but I know that several of our members here pull the Alumna trailers and we actually gave one away as the Grand Prize at last years rally. I've heard nothing but good things about them but I've never pulled one myself.

I have the Aluma MCT Trailer and in my opinion for the money there is no other trailer. It has torsion axles,LED lights does not leak ANY water and trust me I have gone thru some big time rain and does not sway and all Aluminum. If you buy from the right place you can get it from 1400-1500 US Dollars. Hope that helps. Feel free to call if any questions. This place is where I bought mine..I think it was $1449 It is im Des Moines IA. . Our local dealers wanted 1900-2200 for it. http://www.thomasamerican.com/trailers.asp Tom

Edited by Tom
added link

Following up on Freebird's thread, for our members, we will be raffling off another Aluma trailer at this years International Rally in Cody - check out the Rally thread for more information. I don't have a trailer, but after seeing several, if I was to purchase one, I would most likely go with an Aluma.

Following up on Freebird's thread, for our members, we will be raffling off another Aluma trailer at this years International Rally in Cody - check out the Rally thread for more information. I don't have a trailer, but after seeing several, if I was to purchase one, I would most likely go with an Aluma.

If OK to do so Victor I am going to put the Standard Specs of the trailer you all are giving away at the Rally . I hope you dont mind if so I will delete it..just want people to know what a quality trailer they will be getting if they win this at the Rally..BTW YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!!

Standard Equipment

• 600# Rubber torsion axle - Easy lube hubs

• 12" Aluminum tires & wheels

• Aluminum fenders

• Overall length = 85"

• Overall width = 45"

• 1-7/8" Coupler

• Lockable lid with over-lapping lip for waterproof protection

• Luggage rack on lid

• Cooler tray with tie loops on tongue

• LED Lighting package, 5 round harness

• Rubber-mounted rear lights

• Gas-cylinder assisted lid

• Tongue stand

• 13.4 cubic feet volume

• Available in aluminum treadplate and cargo colors

Trailer Options

Part #Description5112112" Aluminum tire & wheel44180MCT Spare Tire Mount

I know where ones for sale in the classifieds!

Ken I had PMed you a few months ago on your trailer but didnt get a response so I figured you sold it.. Ill ask my friend if he is still interested,he may have bought one already...

I have the Aluma MCT Trailer and in my opinion for the money there is no other trailer. It has torsion axles,LED lights does not leak ANY water and trust me I have gone thru some big time rain and does not sway and all Aluminum. If you buy from the right place you can get it from 1400-1500 US Dollars. Hope that helps. Feel free to call if any questions. This place is where I bought mine..I think it was $1449 It is im Des Moines IA. . Our local dealers wanted 1900-2200 for it. http://www.thomasamerican.com/trailers.asp Tom

I pull one of these also and if you want a real cargo hauler then this is the one. I will also admit that I've cruised at 90 + on the interstate with it and I have no clue its even back there. I agree with TOM, there is no better for the money and just about totally maintenance free for life other than tires or wheel bearings. Oh and the float all day! Totally water tight.

:thumbsup:

I have a Dart trailer. See my avatar. Does not sway or bounce. The only time I know it's back there is stopping and going into curves. I can feel it push the bike. Other than that, well worth the money in my opinion. Some members here prefer the Harbor Frieght trailers. It's all in what you want and how often you plan on using it and how much you want to spend. But generally, I think the ones designed for motorcycles would be the best choice. Just my opinion.