Under the front left carb the "rubber" "intake manifold" seems to have a crack. This looks like it will be a very ugly switch. I have looked in the online manuals and parts fieshs I could find and it seems this part is not pictured.

So what is it called and how do I get knew ones.... should I change all 4 if I am going to take all of it apart or is it repairable?

:canada:

:Venture:

:mo money:

I would get the engine running and spray wd40 on the area and see if the speed increases, if it does, you have a leak, if it doesnt, you dont. If its not leaking at least you know you dont have to deal with it immediately, it can buy you some time.

Brian

Yep, looks can be misleading on those lil critters. I've seen a couple that looked like you could pour water through them. But they did not leak at all when tested. The outer coating will split from heat and oil exposure but they can still be intact.

As far as replacing them. Not all that bad as far as labor goes. Detach the carb rack and slip the assembly out the left side. Then you pretty much have a clear shot at them.

If you find them bad and need to replace them.....don't forget the o-ring type seals for them. Odd lil buggers and you won't find those at the hardware store.

Be sure and test them for leaks. I replaced a set on my first motorcycle because they looked like they were about to fall apart. When I pulled them off the insides looked like new.

If you do need replacements the ones I sell include the o-rings. I don't generally ship to Canada because customs is a nightmare on anything larger than a very small box. If you do want them send me a message and we'll try to work something out.

The lower half has a steel "boot" inside so cracks there don't mean much... dress them up with some black RTV and go along your way... cracks in the upper section are actually quite rare.

There are actually just two of them... left front and right rear are the same and versa-visa...

26H-13586-00-00 JOINT CARBURETOR 1

26H-13596-00-00 JOINT CARBURETOR 2

The O-ring is common to all

93210-45578-00O O-RING

Zanotti has great pricing and good service...

http://shop.zanottimotor.com/content/search-part-number

unsure what parts numbers are... look them up at Yamaha's site...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

Edited by mbrood