IGNORED

Riding Boots...need your opinion

Iowawegian

I have had a pair of riding boots for around 7 years...but they are a man's boot. I ride my own bike so I need something with some good tread on the sole.

I love them, but....would like something with a "little" bit of a heel. I'd also like it if they would zip up rather than tie.

The problem is we live in an area that the only place that carries women's boots is Fleet Farm. They have a brand "Eddie Moran" that I liked, but I have no idea how they will hold up.

I'm hoping the women on here can give me some advice, but also, if the guys could ask their riding partners, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Deb

I have a pair of the Men's Milwaukee Boot #MB403

I was very lucky to find them at a MC boot fair for $40.00

Each boot has two zippers...one on each side of the boot, which makes it very easy to put them on....(especially when your out of shape like I am).

Check out the MB433 style...sounds like that is what you are looking for..

or the MB408 or the MB416

Hope this link works, if not I will go back and try again..

http://www.thebootcorral.com/store/index.php?cPath=32_42&osCsid=ceaddc0c945fd8404661080c0fb32bde

You got a deal on them Eck!! 98 bucks on the site. Still not bad. I have a real good pair of Iron Age 8" slip-ons that I loved but since tearing up foot haven't been able to get them on. I need to do something. Don't really want the lace-up. Like the thought of a Slip-on boot instead of a shoe. Just can't get my foot in them. Never know when some IDIOT is going to run over you!!!

Hey Dan, got a similar problem with boots. My right foot swells bad, so I use hiking boots. They are light weight, give ankle support, and have a good toe cap. I take the laces out and replace them with "YANKZ" they are elastic laces and have a little locking device... real easy. :happy34: Got mine from powertri.com [u.S site]

Oh, and the hiking boots open out more so I can get the bung foot in :happy34:

Mary wears a pair of these when we ride,, and really likes them. they are waterproof and also decent for hiking or just walking. She even wore them when we went out west horseback riding a couple years ago..

http://www.bootbarn.com/Ariat-Women%27s-Telluride-H20-Endurance-Boots/1009600,default,pd.html?start=0&cgid=Outdoor%20Boots&prefn1=gender&prefv1=Women&srule=Price%20%28Low%20to%20High%29

They are made in China, which we try to avoid, but they were the only pair we found she thought were comfortable enough for long trips where she wouldn't be able to bring along several pairs of shoes.

Edited by hig4s

Or you could go with these... a but pricey, but hey... lloks is everything.

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/item10049117.aspx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay, I'll go back to the nest :mytruck:

Aren't you the smart a## today!!! And at such a fair price !!! With my short legs, all I would need is a feather on my head, and I'd look like an ostrich in those things! Thanks for the help, Russ! I always know I can count on you! :moon:

Aren't you the smart a## today!!! And at such a fair price !!! With my short legs, all I would need is a feather on my head, and I'd look like an ostrich in those things! Thanks for the help, Russ! I always know I can count on you! :moon:

Always ready to jump in and help out a friend..... :duck: