IGNORED

Pinched wires

thebighop

Has anyone else had this problem?

The wire harness for the front turn signals, light bar, etc, is routed right between the steering stops below the headlight...In the past few weeks, a wire has worked up over the stop and been pinched and shorted out the lights. Last night I lost all my lights, I found the right turn signal wire cut and fried, last week it was one of the light bar passing lights, and before that , the same turn signal.

I have tried pulling them as far as they will go in either direction, and still stay plugged in, but they keep working back in the line of the pinch point. I used zip ties to get them out of the way this time. I think I have an idea about an alternative way to route them but it may require drilling a hole in the back half of the fairing and feeding them through...this would eliminate the problem altogether...

Unless someone has a better idea, I will try that next week...

I am heading out for a few days this Friday for a color tour, so I don't want to tear into it right now....stocking up on fuses and electrical tape for the trip in the mean time...

Took the fairing off recently and thought that was the reason my wires were getting pinched ( not routing them correctly on reassembly)

yes, I am having the exact same problem with ours. looks like I can route them in front of the mounting bracket for the signals and that should keep them out of the way.

Thanks for the replies...I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be there for starters, and my shop manual doesn't show any details about the wire routing at that point....As long as the ties hold them out of the way, I'll let the sleeping dog lie.....

Steve