IGNORED

A quiet little winter ride...

OldBear

So I wake up this morning and the temp is just a touch over 30. My looonng gravel driveway is "finally". free of ice so I think I'll take a little ride. Fire up the bike and head out. Temps are cool, but I'm dressed to ride and am nice and comfortable. Go around a curve on this road I've ridden 1000 times..I'm not flying low, but I'm not dogging it either. Just a nice brisk pace, and there, right in the middle of a curve I see ICE, with water on top..ALL the way across the road for a distance of about 20 feet!!! (Broken waterline!) Holy Cr-p batman!! Well, I slithered through (thank the Good LORD!) without dropping it, so me and the bike are both ok, 'cept for that wrinkle in center of the riders the seat I'll have to try and remove somehow:scratchchin:..

Moral of the story is ALWAYS be extra careful in the winter. I was doing fine and found this on a day when every other place I rode was clear and dry. What a thrill!

oh man, what a realization with only half a second to decide what to do.

on the opposite end, sumer time, we are 2 up making the last turn off tar onto gravel headin to the house down a bit. yea the graders were here a few days ago, then as I am in the middle of the left turn we hit a deep loose spot. down goes the foot to ease us over to harder ground and straining to keep us upright. that 3 foot stretch was a mini eterninty wondering if we were heading to repari city. my legs and arms ached for a day or so, but we stayed up.

another time, it had been raining, so what, right, things are dry now. as we (2up) are home and approaching the garage with the door down, I apply brakes, we are not slowing down. deb says put on the brakes. my teeth are gritting down so hard i can't tell her they are on. we slide to a stop just an inch or so in front of the door. we get off and she is fixing to read me the "RIGHT" act. I point to the ground where the skids are in the soft wet dirt and say the brakes were on.

keeping alert is all we can do except thank the Lord when he reaches down and takes care of something we missed.

So I wake up this morning and the temp is just a touch over 30. My looonng gravel driveway is "finally". free of ice so I think I'll take a little ride. Fire up the bike and head out. Temps are cool, but I'm dressed to ride and am nice and comfortable. Go around a curve on this road I've ridden 1000 times..I'm not flying low, but I'm not dogging it either. Just a nice brisk pace, and there, right in the middle of a curve I see ICE, with water on top..ALL the way across the road for a distance of about 20 feet!!! (Broken waterline!) Holy Cr-p batman!! Well, I slithered through (thank the Good LORD!) without dropping it, so me and the bike are both ok, 'cept for that wrinkle in center of the riders the seat I'll have to try and remove somehow:scratchchin:..

Moral of the story is ALWAYS be extra careful in the winter. I was doing fine and found this on a day when every other place I rode was clear and dry. What a thrill!

I have found that a good hair dryer is good for this, but the Deep part that is in a point may require professional attention. :scratchchin:

I have found that a good hair dryer is good for this, but the Deep part that is in a point may require professional attention. :scratchchin:

That would be my thought.....May all my VR friends have a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Prosperous New Year!!