IGNORED

Semper Fi, Indeed

noahzark

If you live near Augusta and this isn't true, keep it to yourself. This makes my day!

Guys ought to be more careful when they're running with knives . . . Maybe if he'd not accidently stabbed that Cpl, the Marines might not have chased him and he wouldn't have fallen. Funny how things like that--unintended consequences--happen, isn't it?

Also, I think we have a new definition for "loser."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUGUSTA, Ga. - A U.S. Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia.

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that the man was seen on surveillance cameras Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for the service branch's "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, assorted lacerations and bruises he obtained when he fell trying to run after stabbing the Marine.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was held until police arrived. The Richmond County Sheriff's office said it is investigating.

And the investigators found out it happened just like the Marines said.

Must have been a nasty fall!

Semper Fi

Great: He should have really got the full Monty from those Jar Heads... I read the full story, and saw the interview, and loved it all.

Along the same or similar lines here is one that is a year or two old, and may or may not have much actual truth in it, but is still great. From "The Leatherneck"

THE ATHEIST AND THE MARINE

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments.

He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor

who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated,

'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed,

'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of

his Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the plat form! .

The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat

there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked,

'What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?' The Marine calmly replied, 'God was too busy today

protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid **** and act like an *******.

So, He sent me.'

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/statusicon/user_offline.gif