IGNORED

beads in tire balancers

What happens when the wheel hits a "pot" hole? The beads are not attached, so I would think they would get moved out of their "spot". Do you get a wobble / bounce for a while till they settle back in? :confused24:

A good question indeed.. Off the top of me head I'm thinking that they would become suspended a fraction of a moment and resettle themselves in the proper setup.. By the time the bike stopped reacting to the bump or pothole, the beads would have re-found their equilibrium and be back at work.. So quickly you most likely wouldn't even notice..

I'm looking forward to trying it out this coming season..

Probably just my luck, they (dyna beads) suck!!!!!! Had them put in on my last set of tires it was like riding a weed eater. So back to dealer I go cost the same to have them taken out and bal. as it did to change them the first time on, Probably just my luck???
Watch out, Sir - any thoughts outside of the acepted "group think" seem to be actively discouraged and attacked around here these days. But if they do jump on you, just try to ignore them. We are glad you are here; all ideas are welcome. Please keep contributing.

Goose

I seem to see some strongly against, and some strongly for.

How much / many or weight of beads are going in? :think: Could some be putting in to many, or maybe not enough? :confused24:

To the guys that like them. What happens when the wheel hits a "pot" hole? The beads are not attached, so I would think they would get moved out of their "spot". Do you get a wobble / bounce for a while till they settle back in? :confused24:

Just thinking out loud. I'll go back to watching now. :8:

Bryan

I used 2 oz in each tire per the recommendations with the Dynabeads. I haven't noticed any effects of pot holes on their performance.

When I started using them I was skeptical. I had just mounted new tires and had balanced them with a cheap static balancer that came with my No-mar tire changer. After I balanced them with that the tires did not ride smooth at all. So rather than pull the wheels off again and take them to be spin balanced I decided to risk a few dollars on Dynabeads. Pulled the lead weights off and poured the beads through the valve stem and they worked. So when it came time to replace those tires I just used the beads from the start on the new E3's. Same result, they work.

Dennis

Watch out, Sir - any thoughts outside of the acepted "group think" seem to be actively discouraged and attacked around here these days. But if they do jump on you, just try to ignore them. We are glad you are here; all ideas are welcome. Please keep contributing.

Goose

To each their own. Dyna Beads are like oil discussions , each, either likes or Dis-likes the product under discussion for various reasons. I don't see any concensus one way or the other with respect to using dyna beads and I certainly don't attack others for the choices they make, They work for me so I use them.