IGNORED

RSV Lift Frame

I just completed building a "lift frame" for my 2008 Venture. I would like to thank "Carbon one" for his pictures and diagram of his lift frame. It really helped me out in making mine. Carbon one used 1&1/4" tubing for his lift frame. I was a little uncomfortable with this size tubing so I really when over the edge for strength. I used 2" X1/4" thick square steel for the main frame and the 1&1/4 for the cross beams. I also installed an additional support cross member. Its simple to build and I will be writing up an article with pictures to put in our site here for all to see and possibly use. Hope that is helps someone out. If you need the directions now with pictures you can write me at Dan4852@aol.com and I will send you photo's and a diagram. I feel very secure with my bike up in the air with the 2" steel framing. The bike is perfectly level and very secure.

Note: Because I used the 2" steel framing with the 1&1/4 on top for cross beams I was unable to get it fully under the bike. My motorcycle jack would not go down any more so I raised the bike up by driving it up on running board. Just a little heigth was all I needed. It went right under then and up went the bike. I get goose bumps with the 2' steel beams!! ha ha :cop::nanner:

Guest AUSSIE50

I am new to the forum and not up to speed with the correspondence about this subject but I had to hurredly get my 2006 RSV off the ground to get the wheels out for tyre fitting before transferring ownership from the seller to myself. I purchased a Chinese made lift device which is sold in Australia as an ATV lifter and made a simple frame to fit to the top of it. I too have to raise the bike, (about 40mm), to be able to slide the lifter with frame attached under the bike.

Balance is good but I mounted box section pieces to each side of the lifter into which a one foot long smaller size piece of box section locates snugly into to ensure the whole lot cant tip backward or forward.

Chers to all.

I also built my own adapter from materials I had (an extra overhead garage door T shaped rail). It was more than 1 1/4" and would not fit under the low (left) side of the bike. I put a small block of wood under the side stand and that lifted the ieft side enough to clear the adapter. Have to remember to use the wood block when lowering the bike so as to allow the lift/adapter to be removed.

Just my $.02. :lightbulb:

I am new to the forum and not up to speed with the correspondence about this subject but I had to hurredly get my 2006 RSV off the ground to get the wheels out for tyre fitting before transferring ownership from the seller to myself. I purchased a Chinese made lift device which is sold in Australia as an ATV lifter and made a simple frame to fit to the top of it. I too have to raise the bike, (about 40mm), to be able to slide the lifter with frame attached under the bike.

Balance is good but I mounted box section pieces to each side of the lifter into which a one foot long smaller size piece of box section locates snugly into to ensure the whole lot cant tip backward or forward.

Chers to all.

Welcome to the site. I hope you find it useful. I can state that you won't find a better group of people anywhere.

Here is the Carbon_One frame adapter. I bought the one with legs. It is very sturdy for me. I even put it on the stand for cleaning, which puts at the perfect height for washing/wiping while on a creeper stool.

Other solutions people have use are scraps of wood on the lift, or even hockey pucks. Just something to contact the frame before contacting the oil pan.

Again, welcome!

Dave

I too have Carbon 1's adapter and I'll highly recommend it. Heavier tubing may be ok, but isn't necessary. These units would never bend or break and the jack will slip right under with no raising of the bike. It does a fine job. Withl the proper jack, the bike can easily be moved around. I'm a happy camper!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I too have Carbon 1's adapter and I'll highly recommend it. Heavier tubing may be ok, but isn't necessary. These units would never bend or break and the jack will slip right under with no raising of the bike. It does a fine job. Withl the proper jack, the bike can easily be moved around. I'm a happy camper!

Me too and I dont have to go though all the trouble to build my own. Many of us have used it at Maintenance Day activities. It will last years and years so its worth the money. I alos use it when I wash my bike as I saves me from all that bending and crawling around to wash the bike. Don't need to raise the bike first with Carbon 1's.

Just my 2:2cents: