IGNORED

Motorcycle Trailer

Al Bates

What is the material the box is made of on a harbor freight trailer?

And can that material hold paint?

If I got one I'd like to paint it to match the bike...but it would be a rattle can paint job

It is plastic, not sure if ABS or what. Top half is pebble grain, bottom is smooth. No idea why they did it that way. Maybe your best bet would be paint made specifically for plastic (Krylon makes one I think). Problem would be trying to color match the towing vehicle.

There are some paint & body guys that are members, maybe you will get a more professional answer from one of them.

Yeah, agreed, yours looks really nice. However, you could buy 10 of the HF trailers for what yours costs.

RR

Or just buy one HF trailer and have LOTS of cash left over to pay for gas and go see some of the country with your trailer.

For a guesstimate, with a price difference of $2,700 and with gas at $3.00 per gallon would buy 900 gallons of gas at at 40 MPG that should take a RSV about 36,000 miles.... that is a lot of roads. 36 Iron butts. of course I did not figure in the cost of wear items, e.g.: tires, brake pads or oil changes.

Edited by KiteSquid

What is the material the box is made of on a harbor freight trailer?

And can that material hold paint?

If I got one I'd like to paint it to match the bike...but it would be a rattle can paint job

It is black ABS, and can be painted. I know of two that have painted theirs on the Honda board. Don't know the process, but they looked good to me. My Piggy is still Henry Fords favorite color.......... Black... the HF is the same box.

Or just buy one HF trailer and have LOTS of cash left over to pay for gas and go see some of the country with your trailer.

For a guesstimate, with a price difference of $2,700 and with gas at $3.00 per gallon would buy 900 gallons of gas at at 40 MPG that should take a RSV about 36,000 miles.... that is a lot of roads. 36 Iron butts. of course I did not figure in the cost of wear items, e.g.: tires, brake pads or oil changes.

I bought it used. Did'nt pay anything close to $2700...or ten time the HF trailer. Look around and you can find deals. This one came up when I was'nt even looking. Someone told me about it, I went and looked at it, could not beat the price, so I bought it.

Guest tx2sturgis
Yuck. I prefer mine. I have 5 spoke aluminum wheels for it and I am going to paint it to match the bike. Looks alot better than a Harbor Frieght tag along.

I guess appearance is subjective.

I dont find your trailer visually appealing....even when you do get it painted, it looks too 'marine' for my tastes. Nothing personal, of course.

And, I also find smaller trailers are usually more 'well-behaved' behind the bike. That carries a certain built-in beauty!

I guess appearance is subjective.

I dont find your trailer visually appealing....even when you do get it painted, it looks too 'marine' for my tastes. Nothing personal, of course.

And, I also find smaller trailers are usually more 'well-behaved' behind the bike. That carries a certain built-in beauty!

No offense taken. This trailer tows real nice. No sway or bounce. Kinda forget it's back there which can be a bad thing. But, it is long. 96 inches I do believe. Tons of room. As I stated above, I really was not looking for a trailer at that time. I did check out the HF trailer with the cargo carrier but I just did not like the look. When I saw this one, it was for me, I like the styling. I know it's not for everyone. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

• 2 months later...