IGNORED

Rider Friends

ThomWill

After lunch today, 150 miles into a 250 mile ride, my riding buddy, Ron, informed me that since our last ride (about six weeks ago) he:

A. Finally retired, last Friday.

B. Divorced his wife of 40+ years

C. Is selling his house and moving to Brazil in a couple of weeks

D. His son is storing the bike for him and he will be back in March to see the doctor and wants to ride again then.

And that was that. I just said, "Ok, cool." and we went outside to talk to a guy about the custom paint on his Harley night-train.

Surreal, but I have then decided that rider friends are just lower maintenance than other friends and life is just the crap that happens between rides.

Wow, talk about major life changes.....:confused07:

That is why it was so surreal, but then I realized have no back story for any of it except that he lived in Brazil for 15 years and still has many friends there. The retirement, of course, I knew was coming but the divorce I had no idea. I have only met his wife a couple of times and do not really know anything about their relationship. He made it seem like it should have happened a long time ago and that they were both happier this way.

In the end, as acquaintances and riding friends what we have in common is a love of riding (and my youngest daughter played soccer for a couple of years with his oldest granddaughter) and so it was just a list of reasons that our next ride won't be till spring; the rest is details.