IGNORED

zumo 550 vs. zum0 665

gunkylump

Santa Claus....is not too far away.....and I was wondering if I should maybe sell my 550 and replace it with a 665. The xm radio and lane indicators are really very attractive to me...but....is it worth the extra$$$?

Maybe members who have owned/used both could give me some insight as to their thoughts on the good/bad/ugly between the two gps's?

How much is the xm subscription? How is the reception out in the "boonies" Does the lane indicator work well? on a 6 lane freeway for instance......

Where did you install the xm antennae? Can you install it inside the fairing?

What's my 2 year old 550 worth? Will the 550 cradle mount(Ram mount) work for the 665?

Thanks for your insights.....

gunk:mo money:

Santa Claus....is not too far away.....and I was wondering if I should maybe sell my 550 and replace it with a 665. The xm radio and lane indicators are really very attractive to me...but....is it worth the extra$$$?

Maybe members who have owned/used both could give me some insight as to their thoughts on the good/bad/ugly between the two gps's?

How much is the xm subscription? How is the reception out in the "boonies" Does the lane indicator work well? on a 6 lane freeway for instance......

Where did you install the xm antennae? Can you install it inside the fairing?

What's my 2 year old 550 worth? Will the 550 cradle mount(Ram mount) work for the 665?

Thanks for your insights.....

gunk:mo money:

Not the same mounts and Zumo 550 has XM (just get the antenna).

So at this point Zumo 550 is a better deal until 665 comes down into the 500 dollar range.

gunkylump is correct about the antenna and XM on the zumo 550.

There are some other differences though.

Lane Assist (for larger cities and metropolitan areas)

Speed Limit Signs and major highways (map view)

Configurable DETAIL TABS on the map view

I think it has a faster processor (don't quote me on that)

If you get the NavWeather package (additional monthly fee)...you'll get radar and forecast.

Yes...it has it's own wiring harness.

I have mine mounted using the Ram Mount using the Ram Mount Reservoir cover and works very well.

Wally

I give the edge to the 665 but just barely. The XM for the 665 does not seem to get as strong a signal as the 550 did. The touchscreen on my 665 is not as good as the 550 but some people have reported exactly the opposite on that issue. The lane change feature is very nice but really only works in certain major metropolitan areas. That's really the only time it is really needed though. The speed limit indicator is a nice feature and I also like the fact that it automatically changes time zones when you cross into a new one. 665 will handle a LOT more MP3 tunes.

Overall, knowing what I know now, I'm not 100% sure that I would upgrade from my 550 to the 665. If I didn't already own either one, then I would recommend the 665 unless you came across a fantastic deal on a 550.