IGNORED

bike back from shop

heatonmt

well went and picked up the bike tonight. they said they changed where they wired the passing light in from the red wire with white strip to the blue wire like the install paper said to do. They said ride for 150 miles bring it back so they can check the battery. We will see. I told them if this does not fix they will need to call Yamaha as this is the 3rd time it has been in the shop for Battery going dead.

Hope it gets straightened out Mike. Hope to see you and Terri sometime down the road again.:thumbsup2:
well this bike has only 1400 miles on it so they will have to fix it. They have put a new battery in and a new regulator last time so we will see from here.

well this bike has only 1400 miles on it so they will have to fix it. They have put a new battery in and a new regulator last time so we will see from here.

The bike has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty - So yea, it ought to get fixed properly.

I don't see how them connecting it your lights through a different wire would make any difference unless they shorted a hot lead to ground and even then, those are only hot when the key is in the ON position. But hey, what do I know? :confused24:

Regardless, I hope the problem gets figured out.

:080402gudl_prv:

• 2 weeks later...

well I went in to talk to the dealer about a new bike as it has been 2 months now. I went back to the shop and he said we fixed your bike it turns out it was a connection at the regulator. Be for I left we agreed that if this bike battery goes dead this time the bike would be replaced. So I took off got up Wednesday morning and put 125 miles on the bike battery still up. I think it is fix just one more thing to be thankful for to day. god has blessed me and at the end of the day I need to leave thing like this to him I did before I went to the dealer and he did take care of it. A happy Thanksgiving to all. :hurts: