IGNORED

rear brakes

warriorhoneybee

george looked at it and thought it would be alright but i dont know after taking the pads off and seeing how bad they were.

That George guy is a pretty sharp fella. (Good plug for ya huh George..:stickpoke:)

If there are a few ground line marks in the rotor you should be OK..depending on how deep they are. By the looks of your pads they shouldn't be that deep.

Your new pads will end up having those same line marks in them within the first two hundred miles.Just swap out the outer pad with the inner pad in about 7k to 12k miles. All depends on how you go about stopping your bike. I got to where I VERY seldom even used the rear brake. I only used the front when I needed to and always slowed down way before the intersections..

You should quit riding the brake all the time. Might be able to keep up then plus saving a lot of brake pads.....:whistling:

On the 2nd gens, I hardly use the rear brake and they still wear out quick. I always check them when I have the rear bags off. Have not replaced the front ones yet, even with 47000 miles on them.

I use the front a lot more. They looked about like that on "Ugly" maybe a little worse when I changed them at the 1st Ashville meet. Still haven't changed the back ones. About the only time I use the rear is coming to a complete stop or when cruising at "Warp" speeds. I feel a lot safer bringing it back down with the rear??