IGNORED

E4 error message on compressor

Norm . i would check FUSES first, then trace the wiring forward from the compressor. unplug and re plug every connection a few times to brighten up the contacts.

my money is on the fuse not making good contact or it is burned.

i've been wrong plenty of times in the past.

just jt

mini-muffin got it right. 99% of the time it is a cold solder joint where the wires connect between th circuit board pin coupler. Just re-solder the wires where they are fed onto the board. This has been discussed many times on this forum and there are pictures that show what to look for and how to repair. Just do a search and you will get much to read. Adventurer just wiggled the connection and his worked but this is only a short time remedy as it will reoccur as all he did is make that connection to make contact for a while until a bump or something makes it move again.

Dick

Especially all who replied me. I just love it when a plan comes together and following about 30 minutes of following instructions and doing as told the air compressor is working wonderfully. Special thanks Don for the link, that was priceless! Now on to a half dozen other items on my todo list beginning with a small oil leak that Skydoc has me going in the right direction on. THis is an incredible site made up of awesome folks!!!!

THanks ya'll,

Norm