IGNORED

Gas Cap - Easy Question

rumboogy

Just wet to Yamaha Parts House and looked up some part numbers. I was wrong (or just mistaken) the part numbers for the Venture in differnt years are different. :thumbdown:That leads me to beleave that they might not fit. What year are you trying to fit one on? You also have to remeber that the key will be different from the ignition and bags.:178:

The gas cap off of a 2003 vstar 1100 is the same one as the 2007 RSV.

Marilyns cap came apart on our way to Potato Creek this year and fell into her tank. While playing with ideas I tried my cap on her tank and it fit just fine.

(yes I did manage to fish everything out, reverse tech my cap and got hers back together)

Thanks guys...This is MY FAULT.

I should have made clear what the purpose was for asking.

I had a friend do a onetime leather cover to fit OVER the gas cap. Now I am in the process of getting another one done by someone else and they asked if the gas caps were the same size (DIMENSIONS ONLY). I am not interested if they actually "fit" the bike.

So basically, the OUTER CAP DIMENSIONS ONLY is all I am interested in...But with that said, I need to know if it EXACTLY the same circumference or not. Close might not be good enough.

Thanks again.

Wally