IGNORED

What A Flop I Am Livid!!!!!

lonestarmedic

Well, got to the bike and the man announce are you ready to se her, she's a beauty. Well I guess he sees through beer goggles!!!!! Busted left lower fairing-big chunk out of ot. Left upper broken near outboard speaker bezel screws. Both side covers loose and held in with string. Glad I had discount tickets to here. He kept telling me how much I would love the bike. I was expecting normal chips and dings. And he claims to be a deacon in his church.

BUT WAIT, ALL IS NOT LOST. i HAPPENED TO LOOK AT OUR CLASSIFIEDS AND YANOOSH HAS AN 86 FOR SALE 31 MILES FROM THE HOTEL!!

I have called his number and left a message. Also sent him an e-mail.

So, cross a few fingers and let's see what happens

J. B.

:fingers crossed::fingers-crossed-emo

Good luck on that, JB! I guess you asked him to come down on $! We can fix plastic if you can get into it cheap enough. :confused24:

Either way, keep us informed! Just let me know when you're coming this way......and if you are just flying over......wave! :crying:

Well, got to the bike and the man announce are you ready to se her, she's a beauty. Well I guess he sees through beer goggles!!!!! Busted left lower fairing-big chunk out of ot. Left upper broken near outboard speaker bezel screws. Both side covers loose and held in with string. Glad I had discount tickets to here. He kept telling me how much I would love the bike. I was expecting normal chips and dings. And he claims to be a deacon in his church.

BUT WAIT, ALL IS NOT LOST. i HAPPENED TO LOOK AT OUR CLASSIFIEDS AND YANOOSH HAS AN 86 FOR SALE 31 MILES FROM THE HOTEL!!

I have called his number and left a message. Also sent him an e-mail.

So, cross a few fingers and let's see what happens

J. B.

did you ask what kind of a deacon would lie like this or is he blind and cant see whats wrong i sure would ask him / Well we are hoping the other one works out for you good luck

:15_8_211[1]:

Todd -

The stuff is so loose that I would be riding a frame and engine back.

Oh wait, that's a V-Max!!! I suggested half price. - $1500. But the good deacon seems to think the lord will provide a sucker. Does make me wonder. I hate not being able to take a man at his word on something like this. I am waiting on Yanoosh. I like the seat on his. But I will come home on a plane before I waste money on something I don't like.

J. B.

sitting in a hotel room watching movies in my skivvies

J. B.

sitting in a hotel room watching movies in my skivvies

Okay, too much information...:rotf:

Now, Lonestarmedic, I may have a deal for you. I just recently aquired another bike. I'm needing to sell my 89 so, I guess, it's officially up for sale now. I'd love for it to go to a forum member. It has 26,000 on clock and runs like a top. It has a V-Max Rear end and had the carbs rebuilt last or the year before last.

If you want further info PM me. If you want to know an honest evaluation of the bike, I'm sure Squidley will give you one. He road it this summer.

Really sorry to hear how this turned out. I have had it happen to me and know how disappointing it is. I bought an '86 off Ebay a couple of years ago. "LIKE NEW"....and the pictures were either very old or taken at angles to make it look much better than it was. I hooked up my trailer, stopped by the bank and got some money, and headed off to a little town up near Rochester, NY. Pulled into the guys driveway and knew right off that it had been severely misrepresented. Actually had boat trailer tail lights bolted to the trunk, mufflers were rusted out, oil all over the motor to the point that it smoke severely when warmed up. I was more than a little mad and let him know it before turning the truck and trailer around and heading back home.

He learned nothing from it though. A couple of days later I saw it back on Ebay again and with an even more glowing description. Not only that, but it ended up bringing more than I had bought it for and the person who won the auction this time eventually left GREAT FEEDBACK for the seller.

I hope the other one works out for you. If not, you really should check out the one that Gibvel is selling. I'm seen it and it's a nice bike from what I remember.

So, Ok I am showered and dressed and presentable now. Waiting on Yanoosh to give me a call before I decide what to do. Thanks for the support all of you have given. I sent a PM to Gbvil this morning. I am on vacation until next Tuesday, so all is not lost. I may even catch the bus and go sightseeing today a bit. I WILL GET ME A 1ST GEN. VENTURE SOON. This is the 4th one I have looked at. Not being picky but I do want the plastics in one piece!! And they need to remain attached to the bike. Finally, I want all of the gears to work.:Laugh::Laugh: Time for more coffee and call home. Will check in later.

J. B.

Lonestarmedic, Eaghleeye has one for sale in Saukcity, WI. If you call me I will give you his phone number. I have been to his house and have seen the bike, but I was not looking with a critical eye. He is a straight shooter. Ph 608-215-5739

Orrin

So, Ok I am showered and dressed and presentable now. Waiting on Yanoosh to give me a call before I decide what to do. Thanks for the support all of you have given. I sent a PM to Gbvil this morning. I am on vacation until next Tuesday, so all is not lost. I may even catch the bus and go sightseeing today a bit. I WILL GET ME A 1ST GEN. VENTURE SOON. This is the 4th one I have looked at. Not being picky but I do want the plastics in one piece!! And they need to remain attached to the bike. Finally, I want all of the gears to work.:Laugh::Laugh: Time for more coffee and call home. Will check in later.

J. B.

Didn't get a PM yet J.B.