IGNORED

MP3 Boost

etcswjoe

I haven't actually done it yet but was toying with the idea of using the circuit board from a set of Personal Computer speakers to do this same thing. These speaker sets can be had for free if you don't already have 5 or 6 sets laying around like I do. Voltage needed should be 12V or less.

I haven't actually done it yet but was toying with the idea of using the circuit board from a set of Personal Computer speakers to do this same thing. These speaker sets can be had for free if you don't already have 5 or 6 sets laying around like I do. Voltage needed should be 12V or less.

That sounds like a winner, I just need to find a set that has a headphone out jack to get the right impedance and I actually think I do have a old set. I could probally remote mount the volume pot too.

I had also looked at a splitter/amp called a Boostaroo for around 20 bucks. Will let you know what I finally use.

Are you splitting the input by chance? Sharing the AUX input with more then one device? That;'ll knock the volume down. If so, I was able to build a cheapo mixer that separates the devices and allows for individual control of the AUX input.

If thats your deal, heres the link to that conversation.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35536

If not, then your idea about putting a small amp in the fairing makes sense (to me) :)

Are you splitting the input by chance? Sharing the AUX input with more then one device? That;'ll knock the volume down. If so, I was able to build a cheapo mixer that separates the devices and allows for individual control of the AUX input.

If thats your deal, heres the link to that conversation.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35536

If not, then your idea about putting a small amp in the fairing makes sense (to me) :)

My wife and I listen to audiobooks when we ride and the volume is just so low I have to crank up the MP3 player and the radio all the way. I like the splitter idea and the ground loop isolator just need to amp up the volume some.