IGNORED

vibration

warriorhoneybee

i know i need a steering head barron,had it tighten up took care of some of the prob.just hooked up my stelel horn and took it to gas up for the ride tomorrow (cops for kids) and in first gear at very low speed .almost at idle there is a vibration you can feel but when you speed up it goes away. will this thing be safe for ride tomorrow cause its for a realy good cause.

If it's your steering head bearing that your worried about and whether you have it too tight, then you'll soon notice it when you ride. Now you have to be very critical, because you will try to find lots of excuses to say that it's good or OK enough, but if it's too tight the bike will either wander on it's own or it will need to be guided back to center constantly.

The problem with worn bearings is that they have developed a centering spot, and if loose then the steering will want to center back there and not give the freedom of following where you want it to go. If they are too loose and you go too fast (and that is relative to conditions) you will end up with a wobble that could turn nasty.

It's hard for anyone to give an opinion with really having the scoot on hand to assess. Would Would I ride mine? I might, and then again I might not. Will it fall apart and the front wheel roll away,,, not likely from what you have said.