IGNORED

Screaming Eagle vs Chrome

MikeWa

I was at a long on ramp entering the freeway. A friend was directly behind me and the road ahead was clear. So I just couldn't resist and I got on it. I heard his pipes open up so I new he was on it to. When we talked later He said he was going to blow by me but it turned out he was loosing ground instead. Thing is I didn't have the throttle cranked all the way. One or two of my horses were still in the stable in reserve. His bike is an 09 Ultra Classic. He spent a considerable amount of money for a 103 stage 2 kit plus a new ignition computer, Screamin' Eagle mufflers and extra dyno time. In his defense though I have put a lot of extra chrome on my RSV. And everybody knows chrome makes them faster I just didn't realize how much until now.

Mike

I'll get at polishing the chrome tonight.

Reminds me of coming back from Vancouver Island one evening last summer.

Those that have come across on the Horseshoe Bay ferry know that it is a pretty stiff climb for about a mile once you leave the boat. They pile all the bikes on the front of the boat so they come off first. Nothing ahead of you but 4 lanes of clear tarmac.

I was closest to the ramp with about 1/2 a dozen very load HDs. We mostly hit the ramp together but they made such a racket that I goosed it as soon as I was on the pavement. As did they all. They chased me all the way up the hill and were a quite a bit quieter when I got to the top.

I chickened out (or wised up) when the speedo passed 100 (U.S. Bike) and they all went screaming by us about a 1/4 mile later.

Funny thing was, my wife was on the back and we had the bags stuffed to the max with my dufflebag on the rack. She never said a thing.

Now, I'm trying to remember if the chrome was polished.