IGNORED

3rd shock option for 2nd gen

I was looking for another rear shock for the bike and have found that Hagon Shocks make on for our bikes. They had some inventory and numbering issues so I did not end up with one but will order one next time I need to replace mine. They appear to be similar to the Works shock (coilover) and their price is $399. and I believe that is delivered. They were very nice to work with even with the part mix up. Here is his response after receiving my old shock. As I said, I do not have it on my bike so I can not report on it ride quality but these are also rebuildable.

"I have measured your shock and confirmed we have an application for your Royal Star Venture.Part # is M62097.The length is 256mm/12mm x30mm top mount/12mmx37mm lower fork fitting.We have ordered one for our stock now."

Billy Hamill

Hagon Shocks

760.510.2758 Fax

Hagonshocks@yahoo.com

www.hagonshocksusa.com

I've never heard of them but the price is certainly not bad. I wonder though if it is made specifically for a bike as heavy as ours? They say that the physical dimensions will work but I would want to if the shock is actually designed correctly for our bikes weight. I know that Works builds the shock custom for our bike, rider/passenger weight, etc.

I've never heard of them but the price is certainly not bad. I wonder though if it is made specifically for a bike as heavy as ours? They say that the physical dimensions will work but I would want to if the shock is actually designed correctly for our bikes weight. I know that Works builds the shock custom for our bike, rider/passenger weight, etc.

According to Billy Hamill, They are a European company that make these shocks for the Yamaha in Europe. The did ask about weight and passenger when I tried to order and they do have an upgraded spring for heavier loads. I was impressed enough to order but their terminology mistakenly sent the wrong shock for the 2nd gen.

Call and check it out and good luck.

The following came from a HotBike article...

"Hagon Shocks, a British shock manufacturer established in 1958, has opened their doors in North America for the first time. "This is a new endeavor for our company and a very exciting time for us all," said owner Martin Hagon. "We have a quality product that fits into the vast American motorcycling market. We have shocks for over 1,300 different makes and models of motorcycles, so we can accommodate almost anybody." Leading the North American base is former World Speedway Champion and multiple National Champion, Billy Hamill. "I have known Billy for many years due to our involvement in World Championship Speedway and I feel his knowledge in the motorcycling industry is a perfect match for both of us," added Martin.

Hagon shocks come with a 2 year guarantee.

Hagon Shocks

1788 La Costa Meadows Drive, Suite 101

San Marcos, CA 92078

Tel: 760-308-8124

Fax: 760-510-2758

hagonshocks@yahoo.com

www.hagonshocksusa.com"

Check out this link for a pic... http://www.lm-spares.co.uk/acatalog/info_16989.html

And here... http://www.lm-spares.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000002.pl?REFPAGE=http://www.lm-spares.co.uk/acatalog/index.html&WD=tech&PN=XVZ_1300_Venture_99_01_.html%23a78_2116662

It's actually listed for the Venture. I couldn't find the part# in the catalog though.

I think it is listed in picture as Part M62097. I put it in the search field and it came up as 99-2001 Venture.

Maybe I'm wrong?