IGNORED

Evaluation of a Yamaha FJR 1300 and a Honda St 1300

E-Fishin-C

I have had the opportunity this past week to try out my friends 2009 Honda St 1300 . while he tryed out my FJR 1300

I'll make this real short

We both came to a conclusion that

The FJR is a true.......Sport Touring Scoot.... 90%- Sport,,,, 10% Touring While

The Honda St 1300 Is a Touring Sport....90% Touring.....10% Sport,

Interestingly enough, Rider magazine just did a sport tourer shootout with the FJR, ST, Triumph, and Connie14. They felt the ST was more a pure sport bike than the FJR. However, they chose the Connie as the best of all. Better ergos, seat, and wind protection.

However, the FJR has a 250+ mile range - I like that.

This is in the latest Rider that I got in the mail today.

RR

I have had the opportunity this past week to try out my friends 2009 Honda St 1300 . while he tryed out my FJR 1300

I'll make this real short

We both came to a conclusion that

The FJR is a true.......Sport Touring Scoot.... 90%- Sport,,,, 10% Touring While

The Honda St 1300 Is a Touring Sport....90% Touring.....10% Sport,

90/10,, That is a bit optimistic, I have ridden both, and the FJR handled about the same as my 03 Kaw ZR7s, and no where near as well as my 750 Ninja.

Id say more 70/30 for the FJR. I'm glad my wife wouldn't let me get one, I would have probably been stupid with it. It does task you to try that next corner just a little faster each time.

I owned and rode an ST for 20000 KMS prior to buying my Venture. The main reason I sold it, was it was very refined and easy to ride fast. I found myself cruising at 80-90 mph all the time, and taking curves at goofy speeds. I was either going to kill myself, or lose my license. Time to take it easy, and enjoy the ride.:stickinouttounge:

Never drove an FJR but have logged 22,000 miles on the ST-1300. The ride is so smooth that even over 110 mph, its still smooth as traveling 70, only the telephone poles go by faster. Great wind protection, plenty of power. However its heavy and top heavy. Drops are common. Mine went down three times. Biggest problem for me was the heat riding in Texas in summer, otherwise I'd still have it.

Also great 2 up bike. Can't even tell you have a passenger on. 45mpg. Very reliable motor. Never had any mechanical issues.