IGNORED

cruise control

heatonmt

Ok took the RSTD out on the interstate for the first time today. I went to put on the cruise and when I pushed the switch on it did not come on. it did come on when I pushed it all they way up but not when I just push it to on and it clicked. is it normal to have to push switch all the way to the top of the switch travel before the cruise comes on?

Thanks for the help

Guest my14car

Yep thats the way mine works need to push the switch all the way then set your speed.Once its set it works just like other vechicles

Mike I think your still used to Big Blue.... this is a different ball game

I was the same way when I had my RSTD when I wanted to use the cruise I looked for the on button on the fairing only problem is I dint have a fairing :buttkick:

:rotfl:

Mike I think your still used to Big Blue.... this is a different ball game

I was the same way when I had my RSTD when I wanted to use the cruise I looked for the on button on the fairing only problem is I dint have a fairing :buttkick:

:rotfl:

Nope I know where it is just was not sure it was working right

Taking up some slack in the cables will allow it to engage sooner as well. Even then I generally hit set and accelerate as a 1-2 operation. Don't let the throttle slack off as soon as you hit the set either. Hold it steady till you feel the throttle engage.

Larry