I found with plastex the best way to deal with cracks is to use a 1/8" dremel type rotory cutter. You plunge right through then chase the crack right to the other end leaving a 1/8" slot. put packaging tape on one side and then fill the slot from the back side and last reinforce with some fiberglass or fiber type drywall tape. Peel of the tape from the other side and touch up any low spots with more plastex then sand smooth with 300 or more grit sand paper. 1/2 hour or less the crack is repaired. A bit of packaging tape folded over your finger makes your finger a great smoothing tool to smoth it out when it gets to the jelly stage before it hardens.

You will be surprised at how far plastex will actually stretch. I repaired all my panels and even pieced pieces together with plastex, after the accident. I also used it to recreate, missing and broken tabs. all my cracks were reinforced with plastex and fiberclass cloth (fiberglass drywall tape works well too).You also do not need additional bodyfill or spot putty, as the stuff smooths out nicely and finish sands to perfection. The cracks and joints were done with black while the tabs were done with clear. If possible stick with the black I am told it is the srongest.

I 2nd that! I bought a small kit an I used it on anything I could find. It lasted me almost 3 years. This time around I bought the large black kit. So I'll be doing similar winter myself. I just cover the painted side with clear packing tape as described in the included video, grind the inside if the cracks with my dremel and a small round bit. Then apply the Plastex.