IGNORED

Painting a SUV

BradT

Does anyone know someone who paints trucks. I have an 04 trailblazer which the clear is peeling, slight paint fade, and some rust starting at the bottom of the rear doors. Truck does not have 60,000 miles on it.

Phoned around here and the numbers seem a bit high, Four grand, Ouch, plus our local 13 percent taxes.

Would be willing to drive it somewhere Northern Ontario, Michigan, New York. Any Ideas ?

Brad

Mike you are a little too far away. Thanks for the offer :rotf:

Hig4s now that could start one of those first gen second gen things here. :think: I am not arguing kinda ticks me off too, but it is just starting. The fading and peeling bothers me as well.

Brad

Nothing Rusts Like a Chevy Truck!!!

Your right, the others all rust a lot faster. They had to find something they could do faster than a Chevy.........:stickpoke:

See what you started.

As long as you brought the topic rust up....

What is the best way for an amateur to fix/stop the early start of rust?

My '96 Full size P/U is just starting to show some rust bubbles around the bottom edges, and it only has a quarter million miles.

:sign yeah that:

Years back father in law spilt gas on his Nova Deuce which ate the paint. He had maaco paint it and because of the poor quality, he had them redo it. Came out a little better the 2nd time. At least enough for him to live with it.

Maybe Waterbug will chime in on a good way to take care of that peeling paint.