IGNORED

Wheel Chock

Eugene

Looks OK but In my opinion this is the only one to have for these heavy bikes http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/134/25708/ITEM/Condor-Trailer-Only-Wheel-Chock-Stand.aspx?SiteID=CSE_Shopping_25708&WT.mc_ID=80001&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=33&zmap=25708

I could load mine and be rolling in less than 15 minutes and never worry about it. I broke a Pingle mount before I bought this one. I have also now used it on my Wing to try it out..works great!

after looking at those models, i see they are nice. however, i want to add that the front wheel chock is never used alone during transport.

in my opinion after using my harbour freight model for several trips, that the harbor freight model does nearly as good a job of what it is supposed to do when used with all the other stuff we use to tie our bikes down that the 150.oo bux difference is just not worth it.

again, this is my world and that is what goes on in it for my 04 RSV front tire.

I wanted a chock that I didnt have to do a bunch of tie downs or need 2 people to hold it and tie down so I went with the Baxley Chock. yeah, i know its expensive, but i wanted it in my trailer and feel very secure with it holding my bike. I feel with just strapping the back forward allows the bikes suspension to work hopefull not breaking any parts or seals when going over bumps.

I just ride the bike in, get off, and pull the back of the bike forward into the chock with 2 straps and the bike has not ever moved and its been down to California and back.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/

Brian

Save your money!!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-96349.html

I have this one bolted to my trailer. Once the front wheel is in place the RSV will stand up straight plenty long enough to get tie downs on the rear, to steady it. Then I can take my time properly securing the front.

Just make sure the front tire does not hit the side, but goes in the center. I've been told this can turn the bike over and throw you off the trailer. Not that I'd know from personal experience... :innocent:

Just make sure the front tire does not hit the side, but goes in the center. I've been told this can turn the bike over and throw you off the trailer. Not that I'd know from personal experience... :innocent:

LoL! ive done that before too, thats why i spent the extra for the Baxley it guides you in, plus you dont tie down the front.

Brian

Hi Eugene, here's a picture of the one I built for the back of my old Chevy truck (two place). I'm too cheap to pay what they wanted for a factory made one so I built my own. I removed the roll over ramp on the right side to duplicate it for another one that I built (single place) for my motorcycle trailer.