IGNORED

5 Pin adapter for ipod/mp3 player

CaptainJoe

Anyone make one?

What I would like to do is plug in an adapter to my 5 pin "pentagon" shaped pigtail for my headset and then plug in a 1/8 inch male stereo jack. This way I could use the speakers in my Arai full face helmet on any bike... any thoughts?

When I ride the 650 Vstar I use the same helmet and I'm having clearance issues if I use ear buds

I am going to have to order a bunch of parts from mouser and make some of these adapters. I cannot believe they get 35.00 for 10.00 or less in parts:confused24:

Joe: If you do make these add a 3/32 male mic plug to the mix. I would love to be able to use the bluetooth on my zumo 550 with my 5 pin headset. I contacted Air Rider and asked if they had anything like that in the works but didnt get a response yet.

I did made a adapter from a old keyboard 5 pin female to the 1/8" stereo plug that works fine but I cant find anyplace that sells the componets for that rubber weatherproof connection for motorcycles.

Joe: If you do make these add a 3/32 male mic plug to the mix. I would love to be able to use the bluetooth on my zumo 550 with my 5 pin headset. I contacted Air Rider and asked if they had anything like that in the works but didnt get a response yet.

I did made a adapter from a old keyboard 5 pin female to the 1/8" stereo plug that works fine but I cant find anyplace that sells the componets for that rubber weatherproof connection for motorcycles.

Will do, I am going to go talk to one of the local suppliers Monday to see if they can cut me a deal on the parts since we have bought from them before. I would like to find a schematic of the cell phone interface and see how much I could build it for. If I cannot find one I guess I will have to figure it out myself. :lightbulb:

The zumo just has two female jacks on the side. Big one is for earphones and the small is for mic. I bought this setup to use a handheld cb radio on my wifes bike and tried it on the zumo. http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DRHD%2D20

The problem is that it only has a mono audio plug and the zumo uses a stereo plug so it was hard for her to hear. I understand there is a simple adapter to make the mono plug into stereo so that will be my next step in trying this out. The other problem is its $65 bucks! Anyway, it works great for what i bought it for... so she can talk to me on the venture with the radio shack cb on hers.

Fromst where did you get these knoble adapters fot $12?:sun1:

In wood/metal shop we use to make screwdrivers and such out of plastic. Heat plastic pour into mold and walla!

12 dollars seems to be a reasonable price, for what, $2 worth of assembled parts if that... Takes a person that can look around and acquire the parts cheap.

I had a defroster control switch go out on my pontiac firebird. Tracked it down to a .75 cent diode?. Problem is you had to order 500-1000 of them. So, I had to replace the whole fan, defroster, ac control unit for $200.

I WAS P O'ed :bang head:

Well I got one of those 1/8" mono to stereo adapters at radio shack and tried my jm cb harness to the zumo again.. I could hear my wife just fine through my headset but she couldnt hear me at all. It must be something about the push to talk button on the harness or perhaps the mike on my 5 pin chatterbox headseat is of the wrong kind. I still have the option of wiring a mic jac directly into the adapter i made. Perhaps that is next.

• 7 months later...

Did these ever get made?

Did these ever get made?

I Got a salvage intercom harness from a venture, took the waterproof 5 pin female and added the two mini plugs the zumo requires. Works fine with my standard 5 pin headset now as a stand alone system. I can make calls and listen to the mp3 but cant use it when i have a passenger since its not hooked into the venture system. I see edsets has come up with basically the same thing i made for $55. http://www.edsets.com/2Gzumo?category_id=61