IGNORED

OMG... these bikes are so touchy

Awhile back I ran into trouble by opening up the airboxs on my RSTD and I ended up putting it back to stock because there wasnt enough vacuum to work the diaphrams correctly.

Last night I had the "bright Idea" to relocate the vacuum for the diaphrams out of the air box and into the rubber tubes leading to the plenum..... WOW was that a mistake.

Now it seems I have TOO MUCH vacuum and the carbs dump to fast and cause the bike to bog really bad. SO it looks like back to stock once again.... theres got to be away to increase airflow while keeping the carbs working right.

Anyone have any ideas (other than leave it the hell alone LOL)?

I think it is the small intake and exhaust valves that are limiting the airflow/power. The air box as is can flow plenty of air. If you need more power/airflow that bad then look into getting a set of V-Max heads and rear gears.

OR

(other than leave it the hell alone LOL)

Well I broke down and put it back to stock (again) I did do one little thing I made the new hoses alittle bit longer so theres no binding or kinking..... PLUS I repositioned the hose more into the center of the air flow and it seems to have improved throttle responce.

The next time I decide to go messing with it I'm gonna go ahead and punch myself in the nuts.... it'll be less painful than trying to go through this again.

• 2 months later...

I have not been able to ride in about 12 months, But I would go out and start the bike up at lease once every 2 weeks. Well this week I went to start it this week after about 3 months and I had to replace the battery, I drained the old fuel out. I have fire and gas but it will not start. It acts like it wants to with the choke on but will not start.