IGNORED

Utopia backrests

a1bummer

Anybody here have the Utopia backrest for their 1st. gen? How do you like them? Do they adjust forward and back? Is there room for a passenger with it installed? Is it easy to take off when you need to?

I have the type with the brackets mounted to where the helmet locks are on the MKI. There's very little room for my better half so I take it off when she wants to ride, but then the brackets make the insides of her knees sore. Plus the Utopis rest looks so much simpler too.

Thanks, Bill

I have the Utopia backrests on both my VStar and RSV, and, I had the same thing you have on my '86 1st Gen so know what your talking about! You probably won't want to take the Utopia off once you have it on because you will be able to just pull it forward for loading and unloading, great backrest!

Larry M

I have an 84 VR and for about a week I had the backrest that has the bars around the seat. My wife is 4' 11" and those bars hurt her legs so off came the backrest. I ordered one from Utopia and it is perfect. The hardest thing was cutting into my seat.. That took some time to work up the courage to do. I didn't get the removable one but there is lots of room for MY wife. I have take a larger person for a ride a few weeks ago and it was a snug fit. Quality work and even a very close match to my brown seat.

Wayne