IGNORED

Computerized monitoring Fuse

I have had my Computerized Monitoring fuse blow twice in the last couple of days.it knocks out everything fuel gauge, clock, tach.

it has the old fuse box but it looks like new. back is not worn. fuses fit nice and snug. the box list that as a 15 amp fuse.

any thoughts from anyone at what to look at ???

Thanks Mike

The only time this fuse blew on mine was when I tried to put different horns on the bike, I accidently created a dead short.

My guess is you have a short in one of your stock accessory wires. look everywhere that you have any wires laying up against the frame.

Pull fuse and put ohm meter on load side to ground, Suspect you will see 1-2 ohms during fault.(12v/15A=1.5ohms). Fault may be intermittant, move things-steering/buttons/controls/etc until you see low ohms. If it happens when moving things that helps narrow down problem (ie pinched wire in steering...)

During fault on meter, start disconnectiing items powered by this fuse (cmu, tach, clock, dashlight lead, etc) I don't belive you provided scoot model, and I don't have my wire diagrams on hand right now to help you decide everything that is powered by this fuse, but you can search thru tech libary for wiring diagram.

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the site! Check the connector on the back of the CMU by removing the windshield and the black cover that protects the dash. You may find that the connector has corrosion on it. Pick up a can of CRC Contact Cleaner from Wal-Mart and clean the connections. Dielectric grease is also a good item to use here. Reinstall the plug, making sure it is seated firmly. The pinched wire info in the above posts is also exellent info.

Hope this helps,:thumbsup2:

Earl