IGNORED

Neat camera that may work on Cycle....

Godlover

Alright somebody had to do it so I did it. I bought the Venom Snake Eye for $35 including shipping and I bought the China version that appears to look just like it and paid $13 including shipping and $22.60 with a 4 gig micro card off Ebay. First they are not the same camera even though the pictures look the same. The Venom is made in China and sold in the US. Second the Venom is much heavier and feels much higher quality if you know what I mean. Third the Venoms buttons seem to me to be better quality not to mention you get more accessories. IMHO I would buy the Venom for the extra $10. !SaleaDay sells on Ebay and you can get them down to $33 including shipping.

As far as how long the charge battery last between charges I have not tested. But if this Chinese version is like the cheap MP3's you can get then my bet is the Venom will last longer before needing charged. They both seem to take real good video though.

• 1 month later...
.. The deal is this. With the bike off, or low idle the picture is great. Better than I expected.
But......once the bike is starting to ramp up on the revs I start getting a wave in the signal as you can see in the pics.

Anybody else running into this? .....

Mike

I ran into the same problem and showed it to a camera buff here at the office. He said that it probably was the memory chip. 'Probably the cheapest they could put in it.' He sent me a link to explain the difference in chips -

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/01/12/faq-understanding-microsd-microsdhc-card-speeds-class-6-class-4-cards-write-read-speeds/

So, I sent away for an 8gig Class 6 chip and it made all of the difference in the world. The problem is that I paid $27 for a chip to go in my $25 camera! :)

I'm loaning my camera to a friend to take hunting this coming w/e so he can see how it works for him before buying one.

I recommend getting a faster memory chip. The picture quality was much better IMHO and worth the money. So, I have $50ish into a camera, it is MUCH cheaper than what I was going to buy.

craigr

BTW, we took a trip to the Amana Colonies a couple of w/e's ago and we chose not to wear our helmets while there, so my wife used the clip that came with the camera and just clipped it to her forhead on her head wrap. It worked okay, but she got a lot of shots of the top of my head and a lot of the sky. So she will need more practice that way.

We have yet to figure out a way to attach it to our helmets. I don't want it mounted to the bike, as I don't want a video of just straight ahead and the SUV I am following for 10 miles.

craigr

Heya Randya,

Be about the same story for Woot, 1saleaday, and probably eBay also more than likely.

I have no problem with the purchase or the camera itself. Got it within a few days and it was new with everything included. In my case, I have no problem with what I bought. It does have a good picture and it does what I expected it to do. The issue with the signal interference can be over come I'm sure. It works fine on the car dash, just wavy on the bike where I had it mounted. Working on an option for that.

With any purchase by cyberspace there is a risk as the guys that jumped into the LED driving lights found out. I was going to jump in also as it seems like a fair deal, but a minor issue with quality and the signal interference came up so I'm waiting to see how they get past that. Still...fair enough for the price.

But the warning is appreciated, and will be kept in mind.

And Craigr.....

I did pickup a higher capicity (and quality) memory card for it already. Installed it and set it aside. Haven't finished up my idea for the camera mount yet so no test run with the new card yet. Be nice if it was that simple. Hoping for the best.

Later

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Craig,

Don't know what you have for a computer but many come with "Ulead VideoStudio" installed with the bundle.

It's a bit tricky at times but if you have it it will work. Been cutting mine down to size with it but still playing with the compression to get them down to a decent upload size.

Mike

• 4 months later...

Sorry to revive this thread - but!

As stated in a post above I bought one of these things in September last year.

The software disc that came with it would not load to my PC, so I contacted the vendor.

He sent me an email (in Chinglish) apologising profusely and sent me a link to download the programme.

That didn't work, so I gave up. What the hell, it was only $15!

Then last month I ordered some more gear from the same guy and metioned the original camera and software problem, and asked if he would send me another disc - included with my current purchases.

He did better than that - he sent me an entirely new camera package.

I'm still in the dark as to how to operate the damned thing, so I gave it to my brother who is going to play with it.

Even the scrappy bit of paper with so-called 'instructions' that comes with it is gibberish.

Oh well - you gits whats ya pays fer!