IGNORED

Yet another Sirius Question (Antenna)

Tartan Terror

I am now using the Sirius radio and so far I really like it. One thind I do not like is the Antenna length (Cable) One that came with the unit has a cable about 20 ft long. Way too much speghetti on the Handle bars. Anyone know of a antenna with a shorter cable or is there a way to shorten the cable down to about 1 ft or less just for the bike? I noticed they make a shorter one for the XM (which I dont have) but will the antenna work with the sirius? Help!

As long as you have had success I can do it. I went to school for electronics before I opened the tire shop. I think I can give it a whirl. You say you have done it with success?

Yes..I have done it with success.

I should add...I did it on an XM radio but I wouldn't think there would be any difference.

Depending on what unit you have you can buy shorter ones.I found a 1ft one on www.myradiostore.com I ordered it and got it the next day. I have the Sirius starmate that is made by audiovox. It works. It also fits the XM roady roady2 and the mi fi. They make all kinds of lengths in between and look very neat. Mine cost 29.95.

Depending on what unit you have you can buy shorter ones.I found a 1ft one on www.myradiostore.com I ordered it and got it the next day. I have the Sirius starmate that is made by audiovox. It works. It also fits the XM roady roady2 and the mi fi. They make all kinds of lengths in between and look very neat. Mine cost 29.95.
i've got the starmate.they don't list the starmate am i looking at the right one?1 foot $29.95.bill :)