IGNORED

Thanks Rick Butler

murph35640

I have ridden 2400 miles so far in the last week and the reworked seat is great! I didn't think ihat I had any real issues with the seat before but apparently I just didn't know what the thing was supposed to feel like. I have had zero butt or back pain since we left home! One thing I found out this morning though is that if the bike is parked outside overnight in 28 degree temps, it takes about ten minutes for the seat to warm up and get soft again. I am 100% satisfied with this mod and would recommend it to anyone with the pillowtop seats.

I would like to ditto the above post. I just got back from a 2700 mile trip, with 840 miles the last day to get home. Never a comfort issue the whole time, well maybe a little on the last day, but that's a long time in any saddle. Thanks Rick for working me in before my trip. Best mod ever!! :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the compliments as my goal is to make your seat better for the long haul. In the last 2 years of reworking seats, I've learned alot more about m/c seats than I did when I started. The most recent being my shock absorber to aleviate sit bone issues for these of us with bony butt bones.

And Murph made an interesting point with the memory foam I use to top off my seat work......where the name visco elastic means tempurature sensitive. So when it gets colder it firms up but then loosens up after a short period with a warm butt sitting on it. In the summer time, it doesn't provide any physical support but does relieve pressure points and provides a complient surface to sit on.

So if you want me to rework your seat, I'm back home for a while.....that is until the hardwoods start showing their colors in Arkansas. But even then I'll only be gone over a weekend.

Rick