IGNORED

Bikes on the Bricks

KarlS

September 24th and 25th is the 4th annual Bikes on the Bricks in Flint Mi. They close off Saginaw St downtown and there is lots of bikes, food and fun. The Police motorcycle competition is on Saturday the 25th. Practice on Friday the 24th. Bike show with 8 categories on Saturday. My 83VR makes the Antiques. (1985 and older). Will be a fun time for all. I'm posting a breakfast meet and eat for 10:00am for any who would want to meet up and ride downtown together.

http://www.bikesonthebricks.com/information.html

Edited by KarlS
spelling

This is a pretty cool event, and getting bigger every year.

If you've never seen an LEO Motor Officer Rodeo, this is the place to do it. They limit the class to 75 bikes and they will have that many LEO riders there. They come from all over the state. Most of these guys can ride very well, and a few not worth a damn. I've run their obstacle course, and it's interesting to say the least.

This is the only Skills training/competition for these guys in the state.

The Friday practice is fun because the competitors are having fun and screwing around.....lots of bike lay downs.

When I get home from work tonight I'll post some pictures from last years event.

Just adding Breakfast Meet and Eat information on this post. Don't worry about being a last minute show. This place is big and will have plenty of room for anyone that shows up. Walli's also owns the Motel 8 next door for any out of town members that may want to stay.

10:00am Breakfast Meet and Eat at Walli's G-1341 S. Center Road Burton, Mi. 48509 (810) 743-9600. 1/2 mile South of I-69. Large Breakfast Buffet.

http://www.bikesonthebricks.com/information.html

The Bikes on the Bricks web site above is being updated every day. There are discounts to a couple of Hotels on the site for any of you that want to stay overnight. (also Walli's has a Super 8) There are now times posted for the events and shows, and also a directions map. If you are coming or thinking about coming you may want to check their web site from time to time. Looking forward to seeing all of you that can make it.

I have to work till noon on saturday but I might ride up there after that. Hope to see some members there.

If you make it give me a call on my cell and I'll let you know where we are at. Also Straycatt will have his bike and trailer in the bike show.

Weather up date for Bikes on the Bricks. 78 and very windy today. Wind supposed to die down around 4:00am Saturday morning and become sunny and 65 degrees for the day. Hope to see some of you at breakfast at 10:00am. If you don't make breakfast and show up, look us up downtown.

Beth and I had made plans to attend, but we now have two boats coming in to load....so I'll be working all weekend.

There's good and bad in that....the money is nice, but it would be nice to have a weekend off as well. I'm on midnites this week and next, so throw the weekend in with it, and that's 12 midnites in a row.....I'm NOT a midnite type person. Don't sleep worth a dang, by the end of next week I'll be as ornery as a bear with a backside full of rocksalt!

Oh well, I'll have next weekend off for sure, I've put in for a vacation do so that I can have our Canadian Thanksgiving off.

gunk