IGNORED

Thanks To Troy Savoie, I learned how to sew!!!

ajlyoung1221

Wonder if the chrome trim for the bottom of the lid comes w/ it? :smile5:

I learned how to sew patches this past year on my vest this year. Most of them come out pretty good, except I have one that is below my neck that is a little cockeyed.

AJ those look great. I know you said you thought it didn't fit completely on the lid but anything else? To us, those look perfect as is. I know sometimes we are our worse critic. I would consider a tank bib w/ a pocket.

Once you get comfortable then you work on getting fancy like braids on the sides, etc...

:thumbsup2:

Actually nothing comes with it if you buy it from Troy, except a headache. Not even a email. Not sure how he is still selling on EBay, since I have a chargeback on his paypal account. :big-grin-emoticon:

Now how could this be 320474292651 just saw this ebay number and it says more than 10 available. Is TS back in the saddle?

If I were filthy rich I'd order a set just to see if I would get them right away but now that my son in making them I can a set for free - right Adam? :big-grin-emoticon:

Okey Dokey AJ....orders so far:

Aussie Annie Black lid covers

Ruffy Ditto

Rick Haywood Tank Bra - Brown :sign yeah that:

Remember we are happy to have exactly what you have made for yourself.:thumbsup2: Last time I looked no one is perfect :whistling:

Ok, so I think I might actually have enough leather left over for about 2 sets of saddlebag covers. I might try to sew these up next Wednesday on my day off. Once I get done, I will post some pics and if anyone is interested, I will sell them at a good price.

The tank bra is a simple sew, and I am pretty sure I can add a pocket pretty simply. So Rick, if you want a tan tank bra, send me a PM. I will let you know how much leather to buy, and if you send it to me, I will fix it up for you for a small fee. The reason I would prefer that you buy the leather (which is available on ebay pretty reasonable) is because there are SOOOO many options in even just the black leather. I would prefer you pick out the leather that you want.

The black leather that I have right now, is a nice compliment to my Comfort Cruise seats, and almost matches the grain and sheen completely.

Anyway, it gives me something productive to do.....

The back of the leather that I used was soft enough to leave. I am not sure if it would scratch the tank, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't. It would be really easy though, to sew a piece of material to the back of it. I just didn't think about that. Maybe you could sew a piece of an old sheet to the back?? Just cut it out in the same shape and sew it in to the seams on the back.

The back of the leather that I used was soft enough to leave. I am not sure if it would scratch the tank, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't. It would be really easy though, to sew a piece of material to the back of it. I just didn't think about that. Maybe you could sew a piece of an old sheet to the back?? Just cut it out in the same shape and sew it in to the seams on the back.

I'm thinking of using some sort of fleece or micro fiber type of cloth. Not sure yet.

Any particular sites I should use to buy the leather??

Ok, so I think I might actually have enough leather left over for about 2 sets of saddlebag covers. I might try to sew these up next Wednesday on my day off. Once I get done, I will post some pics and if anyone is interested, I will sell them at a good price.

The tank bra is a simple sew, and I am pretty sure I can add a pocket pretty simply. So Rick, if you want a tan tank bra, send me a PM. I will let you know how much leather to buy, and if you send it to me, I will fix it up for you for a small fee. The reason I would prefer that you buy the leather (which is available on ebay pretty reasonable) is because there are SOOOO many options in even just the black leather. I would prefer you pick out the leather that you want.

The black leather that I have right now, is a nice compliment to my Comfort Cruise seats, and almost matches the grain and sheen completely.

Anyway, it gives me something productive to do.....

Hey Annie,

If you like the leather from the ones I have in the pic, I will have enough to complete 1 set. You can have that set, but I won't be able to sew them until Wednesday. I will let you know then.

Thanks,

Adam

:sign woo hoo::dancefool::dancefool: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :big-grin-emoticon: There is no hurry..when you have time is fine.

Then let me know cost of leather and postage. :happy34: Will PM my address.

• 4 months later...