IGNORED

were are all the ventures?

latchkey

I saw several on I-40 saturday as I was picking up my 04 PERL. Then some on us64 around Andrews NC. Again no one on channel 29. It doesn't matter because no one knew me on this bike anyways:big-grin-emoticon:

One thing was funny at the rest stop in Andrews their was a Harley rider and with his helmet off their was still words impressioned across his forehead, USA HARLEY,I don;t know if he realized it or not.

Oh and I know their were 3 RSV on wolfpin gap Sunday Because I was one of them Red and silver 99 , Tan 2000 MM, AND MY 2004 Pearl

Edited by kj4v

I rode to Desoto State Park near Fort Payne Sunday. Stopped at Desoto Falls and besides my 07 RSV there was an 06 Midnight and an 08 RSV there at the same time. Lots of other bikes too. The weather was just too nice not to be out riding. Had a great time.

We rode right through ( we go early the crazies haven't even rolled over ) seen a few bikes and had Hellbender to ourselves. :)

We ride over a lot just for lunch, soup and a grilled cheese and drink @ $6. :big-grin-emoticon:

do you know of this [the snake] road close to you ?

That is the one thing I really don't get - I like being able to wear whatever I want. I actually busted out laughing the other day, I couldn't help myself. A guy was in the intersection in front of me and I usually don't care what anyone does, each to their own, but all of a sudden the harley jacket, harley helmet, harley glasses, harley boots, etc... seemed really funny.

(my boots are harley, just don't tell anyone, k?) ;-)

All that time spent in the dealership getting their Hardley wrenched on gives them plenty of time to shop for the important "status" symbols...

Ventures are rare. I like that. Bugatti Veyrons are rare. Pagani Zondas are rare. Ford Tauruses are a dime a dozen. So are Wings and Harleys. (Ok, a lot more than a dime, but there are a lot more than a dozen.) I have a Taurus. It's the vanilla family car that I don't really care all that much about. I have a Venture I ride whenever I can, which is just about any time I'm going anywhere.

As to the psychology of the moment, why are they concerned about what you ride? Generally this sort of thing is a manifestation of their doubts and fears. They want you to join them so that they don't have to worry about having perhaps made a mistake. (Everyone agrees with me so I must be right.)

I pretty much never worry about what the other guy's riding unless it looks like it's going to reach out and hurt me and mine. I love my bike and am confident in my choice. I never try to talk people into buying a Venture. In fact, I usually tell them "They're rare. You can't have one."

Now, if you'd have come to the August Meet & Eat you could have ridden with a bunch of Ventures. We had 26 bikes, and fully half were RSVs. We also had a really pretty Tour Deluxe and a couple of fine looking First Gens. We'll do it again next year. Hope to see you there.

we just got back from deals gap, rode the skyway and everything back there. we have been there eight times thru out the last three years. i always look for fellow venture rides where ever we go, but this weekend there had to be twenty thousand bikes around that mtn. only seen one venture? mostly HD and goldwings.my so call riding buddys always make fun of the lack of ventures we see. there goldwingers and always try to get me to change over. there nice bikes but not comfortable for me. but i do fell like im the only one sometimes. was any of you venture rides in that area, first or 2nd generation. surely i was not alone.

i guess im blind, may have seen you and thought you were a HD maybe. we were on the skyway sunday and monday and dragon sunday also, on silver o5 two up.