IGNORED

Turn key nothing happens

Had the bike(98 RoyalStar) out for a few hours every thing seemed fine.The next day went to start the bike and nothing,no lights ,nothing.

I looked at the battery and it was a little wet like it was leaking.I bought a new battery charged it up and still nothing.I've been searching around a little and was thinking May be some thing fell off the switch or some thing dumb.checked the ignition fuse,looks ok.I did not check the Main fuse,I saw that looking around the forum,I guess the location for that is behind the cover at the left passenger foot rest?Is that some thing I can tell is cooked by looking at it?

Is there some other common thing that causes this I should be looking at?

Thanks jim

Jim,

Check all your connections from the battery down to where they mount to on the bike. The main fuse block is there under the left side battery cover. That would be a good place to check, also wiggle the key in the ignition a bit. The switches are prone to fail.

Might be the infamous Ignition Switch problem. The Main " On - Off " contacts of the ignition switch. Find the " Ignition fuse " check there with volt meter, see you get voltage to the input side of the fuse, when switch is turned " On "

This is a very common problem.