IGNORED

clicking noise, 2nd gen.

Can anyone tell me why i get a single click on deceleration between 35 an 45 mph.I,m not on the brakes ,not shifting,not touching the clutch,just slowing down.It sounds like an electrical relay opening or closing.Bike run fine,no other problems,just a click.Can't tell exactly where its coming from.:think:

How does the magnet look on the pumpkin drain plug when you change the rear end fluid?

It may be excessive backlash in the rear drive. Don't mean to alarm you, but I had that symptom also - bearings smoked in the rear.

However, this appears to be a fairly rare occurance and is likely (hopefully) not your problem.

If, however, you are getting a mushroom of metal shavings on the plug -- get out your checkbook and bend over. (a good used pumpkin is about $200 - new is about $800). If there is any consulation, it is easy to install yourself.

Let us know what you end up finding.

RR

If, however, you are getting a mushroom of metal shavings on the plug -- get out your checkbook and bend over. (a good used pumpkin is about $200 - new is about $800). If there is any consulation, it is easy to install yourself.

RR

Funny how a rear shock costs around the same price as a precision engineered pumpkin..

Someone's rolling in funny money.. at our expense

Yep, parts are for sure not cheap at all once the bike goes out of warranty. BTW, if one buys a new parts...say a pumpkin, does it have a 1 year warranty from Yamaha?

Good question, but dollars to donuts is that they'll only 'guarantee' it if THEY install it at $70 an hour labour plus shop supplies.. ;)