IGNORED

Found a deal on Bluetooth Intercom

Guest human4m

Guest human4m

In the past, I've used the Scala Rider teamset, and it worked great for what it was. It was also $300 at the time. I'm not sure what it runs nowadays, but I talked my father in law into ordering a knock-off version and he loves it! I just figured I'd share. The shipping was a bit slow, taking around 2 weeks... I've ordered from thei company before, they have a LOT of gizmos and gadgets that are straight from Hong Kong... Here's a link to the headset if anyone is interested!

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35612

i've been holding off on buying an intercom - scala has options i would never use ( but would have to pay for) - the ad says it comes with two interphones, does that mean this package has everything you need to communicate to each other ...or do you need a phone w/ bluetooth?

has your father in law tested how long you can talk before batteries give out? looks like this could be what i've been waiting for.

i've been holding off on buying an intercom - scala has options i would never use ( but would have to pay for) - the ad says it comes with two interphones, does that mean this package has everything you need to communicate to each other ...or do you need a phone w/ bluetooth?

has your father in law tested how long you can talk before batteries give out? looks like this could be what i've been waiting for.

Beware.....

I bought these over a year ago, used them for a couple months and then gave up in frustration. Notice that they are said to work well up to 120kph.....my experience is that anything over 55-60 mph and they are virtually impossible to hear. I had them mounted to my fullface/modular helmets. Wired sets work fine in those helmets, but these are just too hard to hear at highway speeds.

That said, they did work well at lower speeds. Also, please note that you cannot use cb or the bike's audio system with these.

Your phone has to be bluetooth capable.

Battery life was excellent. I can ride all day (8-10 hours), recharge at night and you're good to go.

Guest human4m

Yep! It came with everything for rider and passenger. You don't need a phone with Bluetooth unless you want to use the headset to make calls with your phone. Him and The Devil (I mean, Mother In Law from Hell) were gone for over 12 hours and had no problems with battery life. He said he was out on Highway 70 running 78mph, and he could hear her nagging the whole time.

He has an Electra Glide with very mild pipes, and 3/4 helmets. You cannot use any audio system or CB with them, unless it is Bluetooth capable. It DOES with with Bluetooth GPS systems.

If the wife wasn't preggo, I'd throw her butt on the back of his Fat Boy and test them out with V&H Longshots and no shield, just for reference.

Yep! It came with everything for rider and passenger. You don't need a phone with Bluetooth unless you want to use the headset to make calls with your phone. Him and The Devil (I mean, Mother In Law from Hell) were gone for over 12 hours and had no problems with battery life. He said he was out on Highway 70 running 78mph, and he could hear her nagging the whole time.

He has an Electra Glide with very mild pipes, and 3/4 helmets. You cannot use any audio system or CB with them, unless it is Bluetooth capable. It DOES with with Bluetooth GPS systems.

If the wife wasn't preggo, I'd throw her butt on the back of his Fat Boy and test them out with V&H Longshots and no shield, just for reference.

Wow, if he could hear clearly at 78mph, they must have changed the hardware somehow. They still look identical to the ones I bought. Wish mine worked that well....

FWIW

Hearing inside a helmet is often related to mounting, proximity and insulation.

I use Scala Riders and at first, in my helmets, I could not hear a thing... My helmets only had leather separating the shell of the helmet, at the ear holes, with the ears. Padding was everywhere else.

I cut some foam to fit in that area, grooved out for the speakers, covered both with soft material and remounted in the helmet.

Result: It muffled alot of the road noise and moved the speaker to ALMOST touching my ear. This allows me to run at about half volume now.

Try this on yours an see if it helps....

Next step --- Baffle and pack the dang pipes!!!:stickpoke::stickpoke::Im not listening to:Im not listening to

Wow, if he could hear clearly at 78mph, they must have changed the hardware somehow. They still look identical to the ones I bought. Wish mine worked that well....

Freezyrider,

is the unit a duplex (listen/talk at same time) or is it required to PTT (push to talk) or is it VOX (voice actuated). guess what i'm asking - is it hands free while riding? are you interested in selling your set since you don't use it (pm me if interested).

Freezyrider,

is the unit a duplex (listen/talk at same time) or is it required to PTT (push to talk) or is it VOX (voice actuated). guess what i'm asking - is it hands free while riding? are you interested in selling your set since you don't use it (pm me if interested).

PM sent....

I currently have the BT Interphone, bluetooth to my iphone works great. I've also taken a few calls on it and those are really clear too.

However, I have been using my 3/4 helmet due to the recent heat and my headset is in my full face. Too much of a pain to switch the headset from one to the other.

Soooo, I just purchased this:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=5&manufacturer_ID=718&product_ID=49515&sblid_name=IMC_Motorcom_____Modular_Helmet_Headset_for____mm_Smartphone__iPhone_and_Others_

It's a headset/mic combo that will wire directly to my phone and besides giving me the ability to answer calls, it also allows me to play music and manipulate the ipod, forward, reverse etc...

I'll report back later when it arrives on how well it performs.