At around 60 mph I hear whisling since a week and I didn't do anything on my bike. Some of my friends dont want to buy a RSV for this reaon. Apparently the Yamaha's engineer are not able to find the cause of this agressive noise (whistling). If one of you found the cause let me know.

Louis

Sounds like mine before I browbeat Yamaha Canada into putting in an "I" code clutch basket.

If it is clutch basket, it will go away when you pull in the clutch lever.....

There are many threads on here that have been used to convince reluctant dealers...

Good Luck!

Second half of reply - I would just ignore those on here who belittle the idea of fixing the clutch basket chirp (aka whistle). I did. They can ride theirs and I will tend to mine...:stickpoke:

You shouldn't be stuck with a premium bike that sounds like a freaking police car!

Sometimes changing the clutch basket will stop the whine, sometimes not, sometimes it goes away for a while and then returns. If it is so bad you can't live with it then spend the money and try to stop it. If not then just ride it and enjoy,it will never hurt a thing. My Harley had the exact same whine when I changed out the cam,it is the clearance between the two gears, too loose and it will rattle, too tight and it will scream. If you get lucky and get the right clearance on the new gear then you will have a quiet engine, if not you have wasted your money. Mine has some whine, it does not bother me so I ride and enjoy it. Anyone who disagrees and can't live with there's then by all means try to stop it. The point I am making is that all bikes make noise and it is a personal choice if you try to stop it or not.

• 5 weeks later...