IGNORED

Snowbird recommendation

geep

any suggestions on places to winter in the south from the Mississippi west? Wife doesn`t like humidity so Texas is questionable...looking for something like a park model trailer to rent for a couple of months in a safe location, smaller cities are better than large, good riding roads a must:301:

I hate humidity as well - however, I have been wintering in Texas for about 5 years. I stay in Mission which is pretty close to the Mexican border. Yes, it does get a bit humid but not unbearable in the winter. Roads are pretty good for riding - a bit flat down south where I am but South Padre Island, Corpus Christi and San Antonio are really nice day trips (San Antonio is 4 hours - the other two are 1.5 & 2.5 hrs resp. each way). Lots of nice quiet ranch roads in the immediate area.

Cheers

Eugene

T or C (Truth or Consequences) New Mexico.

or

Las Cruces New Mexico.

Both places offer mild weather through the winter and recreation opportunities close by.

You can get to southern Arizona and Texas very easy and quickly.

Great for day rides in both areas or can leave for days and have clear mild weather.

Just a thought, google these areas they are definately worth checking into.

T or C (Truth or Consequences) New Mexico.

or

Las Cruces New Mexico.

Both places offer mild weather through the winter and recreation opportunities close by.

You can get to southern Arizona and Texas very easy and quickly.

Great for day rides in both areas or can leave for days and have clear mild weather.

Just a thought, google these areas they are definately worth checking into.

My son was in Las Cruces last fall and loved it. You'll just have to decide...Red or Green?

Dave

any suggestions on places to winter in the south from the Mississippi west? Wife doesn`t like humidity so Texas is questionable...looking for something like a park model trailer to rent for a couple of months in a safe location, smaller cities are better than large, good riding roads a must:301:

Phoenix AZ great winters.

South Texas is great for wintering. I am not old enough to retire, or not even close, but I have lived here for the last 8 years. I would say Harlingen/Brownsville area would be the best. The humidity in the winters are not too bad, but you are close to a beach, and the Mcallen Metroplex. There are a TON of places to stay, and the best part is the COST OF LIVING is extremely low. Anyway, if you do make it down this way, I can give you some good places to eat or stay. I have been around the entire Rio Grande Valley. Best of all, you can ride almost every day of the winter.

South Texas is great for wintering. I am not old enough to retire, or not even close, but I have lived here for the last 8 years. I would say Harlingen/Brownsville area would be the best. The humidity in the winters are not too bad, but you are close to a beach, and the Mcallen Metroplex. There are a TON of places to stay, and the best part is the COST OF LIVING is extremely low. Anyway, if you do make it down this way, I can give you some good places to eat or stay. I have been around the entire Rio Grande Valley. Best of all, you can ride almost every day of the winter.

I plan to live with you when I retire!:big-grin-emoticon:

There is allways the Rockport-Fulton area 40 miles up the coast from Corpus Christi , I moved here from Fla. and like it . There are a lot of campers , park models and cabins , 145 RV parks within 30 miles of me .