IGNORED

goose neck, repacking

Brake Pad

Sorry Mike but maintenance items like grease and oil changes are normal "wear" items and you can be charged for it, unless the neck bearings were being replaced under warranty for premature wear/breakage. If its just plain maintenance your out of luck.

Auuh come on, I'm trying my best to get this done. Now I paid for a maintance agreement. and under it, they were going to re grease it. but they never did.

I'm going to keep fighting, I paid for it

You never said you had a maintenance agreement in your first post......If its part of it then I would raise hell.

I bought it with the bike, If I can recall about 900.00

covered, oil changes, maintance @ 1200 miles, 5000, miles, 7500, & 12,000, 14,000, @ 20,000, they the big serivce, including the repacking of neck, plugs, air filters, oil filter, over all inspection.

Guest tx2sturgis

Just never heard it called that on a bike...hmmm....

Neck Bearings, yes.

Gooseneck...new one on me...I learned sumpin today!

Just never heard it called that on a bike...hmmm....

Neck Bearings, yes.

Gooseneck...new one on me...I learned sumpin today!

Ive never heard of the steering neck being called a goose neck before either.

The only Gooseneck I know of is a trailer design.

http://www.trailershowroom.com/GooseneckEquipmentTrailer6.jpg

I bought it with the bike, If I can recall about 900.00

covered, oil changes, maintance @ 1200 miles, 5000, miles, 7500, & 12,000, 14,000, @ 20,000, they the big serivce, including the repacking of neck, plugs, air filters, oil filter, over all inspection.

That sounds like quite the deal then. Does it also cover valve adjustment?

If they sold the agreement, then they either need to follow their own contract and do every prescribed service or refund every penny of the contract.

Guest tx2sturgis
Ive never heard of the steering neck being called a goose neck before either.

The only Gooseneck I know of is a trailer design.

http://www.trailershowroom.com/GooseneckEquipmentTrailer6.jpg

Gooseneck lamps, gooseneck microphone stands, gooseneck on a boat, and gooseneck on a trailer...and of course, Geese have them!

Oh yeah, bicycles have them too...its the piece that rises out of the neck bearing to hold the handlebars.

Edited by tx2sturgis

down here in south Florida, that trailer set up is known as a 5th wheel.

Okay, here it is, In May, of 2011, I riding over to Lake whittney, for the Freemasons riding clubs yearly weekend, gathering. we can meet their, and figure it out over a few ice Cold Beers:doh::cool10:

Guest tx2sturgis
down here in south Florida, that trailer set up is known as a 5th wheel.

Fifth wheel trailers and couplers use what is called a kingpin, mounted on an apron plate on the trailer, pointing down, and it slides horizontally into a set of steel, self-closing, jaws embedded in the pivoting fifth wheel plate mounted on the frame or bed of the towing unit.

Gooseneck trailers have a female coupler on the trailer that drops vertically over the solidly mounted 2-5/16" ball mounted on the frame or bed of the towing unit.

Me thinks some of those Floridians may be confused!

QUOTE=tx2sturgis;507314]Fifth wheel trailers and couplers use what is called a kingpin, mounted on an apron plate on the trailer, pointing down, and it slides horizontally into a set of steel, self-closing, jaws embedded in the pivoting fifth wheel plate mounted on the frame or bed of the towing unit.

Gooseneck trailers have a female coupler on the trailer that drops vertically over the solidly mounted 2-5/16" ball mounted on the frame or bed of the towing unit.

Me thinks some of those Floridians may be confused!

Do you want a beer or don't you?????:doh::whistling::confused24: