IGNORED

Indiana Riders Meet-N-Eat Excitement Of The Day

Michael_Bishop

I've known Pat for over fifteen years, so some teasing will be required. However, being serious about it (as it will occasionally deserve) he's somewhere between "great job" and "that was lucky".

Two weeks ago that stretch of road was just fine. There was absolutely no reason for the county to go in there and ruin one of the best roads in Indiana. I've already sent one (reasonably delicate) email to the tourism folks asking them if they know who thought this was a good idea. It won't help, it's not like some fool in a suit is going to be out there cleaning it up. Still, credit where credit is due. There's huge motorcycle traffic down that road, and this is going to put a bit of a crimp in local tourism once folks start finding out.

Pat said he got into a soft spot and felt his tire float sideways so he just rode it out rather than try to fight it back and dump it. Looking at where he went into the ditch, trees before, trees after. Wow. That was lucky. I don't know if the folks across the street were reaching out for him or looking out for him, but he did good, considering.

No real damage aside from pride. Pat's fine. The bolt that holds his turn signal on was slightly bent. We had to look a while to find that.

What actually happened, couldn't really make it out beside them pulling a bike out of the ditch?

He got too close to the edge and got caught up in the loose gravel. I was behind him when he went into the ditch (that's my Midnight in the Video). Pretty amazing that nothing got broken.

I just sent the governor a email. It might not be to bad if that would go over it with some goo tar.

I went on a motorcycle ride yesterday 8-14-2010. I was with a group from Indiana and a few from KY. From the VentureRider.org site. On 135 south of 46 the state has put down chip rock surface. A sign flashing said just oil 8-9 2010 caution speed 35. I did not see any oil just a bunch of chip rock. Now I know you know this is a favorite road for us motorcycle riders. I'm going to put a link to a short video clip at the end of this email. This is what happen and will continue to happen.

Our speed was under 35. Please watch clip. The state need to consider motorcycle safty on state roads.

Then I added the link.