IGNORED

Fuel Tank Deflectors

[attach]48985[/attach]

[attach]48986[/attach]

[attach]48987[/attach]

[attach]48988[/attach]

I swapped out the stock shield for the clearview..not sure if this caused this adverse condition or if it was always there. Anyway, I got tired of air blowing up beside the tank hitting me in the chest and helmet (alot of buffeting). I got the knee protectors from Buddy Rich and with the help of a heat gun and some 3m tape, I came up with these. After six months, I love them. They don't block all the air but they do block bout 75% of it, creating a much smoother ride, but still enough air to stay comfortable. They don't block any air to the engine compartment. To give you an example of what I'm talking bout, at 60 mph hold your hands palm down along side of fuel tank in front of your knees....RSV's may not experience this.

Edited by jfoster

well thats different!

I have those deflectors mounted in "normal" position and they helped alot in cooler weather. Since the installation of MS Batwing on my RSTD I have removed them since I have batwing lowers installed.

I remember that. On the RSV the inner fairing would crush that. There's like an inch an a half between it and the tank when the handlebars stop.

Not having an RSTD around I could never quite get the picture of what you were trying to do when you sent that drawing. Now I see.

On another note I am beginning to make up more Knee Blockerss for the up coming cool weather for those of you that don't have them yet.

I remember that. On the RSV the inner fairing would crush that. There's like an inch an a half between it and the tank when the handlebars stop.

Not having an RSTD around I could never quite get the picture of what you were trying to do when you sent that drawing. Now I see.

On another note I am beginning to make up more Knee Blockerss for the up coming cool weather for those of you that don't have them yet.

Sorry for messing up something I know you worked hard on....I keep fidling with things till I break em, and every once in a while they come out alright. If you can think of a better design, I'm all ears. They seem to be the perfect size. They look alot better in person, the black matches the paint perfectly. I couldn't get over how well the plastic forms..

Sorry for messing up something I know you worked hard on....I keep fidling with things till I break em, and every once in a while they come out alright. If you can think of a better design, I'm all ears. They seem to be the perfect size. They look alot better in person, the black matches the paint perfectly. I couldn't get over how well the plastic forms..

I think that is a perfectly good way of expression..taking an existing idea and pushing it further....thinking out of the box keeps you out of the box if you get my drift...before I found the BuddyRich deflectors I was all set to built fully adjustable air deflectors out of Ram Mounts which would be attached to the air clean pods `cause God only knows they gotta be good for something ;)